• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help neighbour wants bunny because shes bored of her hamster!!!!!

kerry-123

Mama Doe
:cry::evil::evil: I'm so fecking annoied!!!!!!!! :censored: Neighbour got her wee girl a hamster about two months ago, but now wants a bun because her daughter seen ours and now wants on for her bday (which isn't until november thank god- time to convince her not to get one or at least teach her) here she was about her hamster
"it doesn't do much and you can't hold it" :evil::evil::evil::censored: I said well rabbits don't exactly do cartwheels and ride on bicycles they also hate being lifted but THAT POOR THING HASN'T BEEN TAKEN OUT FOR TWO MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which leds me to the question how often is it cleaned out :shock::shock: :cry: I actually can't stop thinking about it :cry: I'm trying to convince mum to let us have it, I might pop in tomorrow to have a look and see what condition it's in (hopefully it's well poor thing) she says you can't touch it or it runs away, I was trying to explain her to her how to tame it but her hubby called her in and she had to get away right before I was also gonna tell her about rabbits :cry:
She's going to get it from the pet shop I used to work in (which I dispised so much that I eventually left, it's actually were I got Joey and Scooch mostly because this horrrible and I mean HORRIBLE woman was gonna buy them because she hadn't owned lionheads, she's notorious for not looking after her animals:evil:and my old the boss the :censored: was happy enough to sell them to her:censored:) And he sells these awful small,crappy hutches which she will no doubt buy:evil:
Anyways I'm so worried about the wee hamster I'm deff gonna try and have a look at it tomorrow, but you all know how these things go kid see's cute animal, wants, can't look after, and we'll end up taking the thing in and we've enough bunnies to handle on our own!!
Can I have some advice or a good care sheet to print off? Her husband will put his foot down I think I really hope so, and I also really hope we can take the hamster because we could deff cope with a hamster added to our pile of animals lol, just so worried about it now

This really pees me off too. I have a basic fact sheet well top tips that may put them off if you go to www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com top tips and just say this is a few of the basic things then that might work Page also includes prices etc of food greens hay etc etc.

The only thing is if you take on the hamster that will give them more reason to get the rabbit as she won't have the hamster as an excuse not to get another. You'd then have to take on the rabbit when she gets bored of that and next it will be a kitten. :roll: The Rabbit Welfare Assocation has lots of leaflets on their website which you could print off. Make sure you tell them about vets fees and how much hay, food, etc. is and that they don't like to be handled so its not something the child can sit and pet. Perhaps print off a picture of a decent hutch and run combo and how much it will cost hopefully that will put them off.

The only thing is if you take on the hamster that will give them more reason to get the rabbit as she won't have the hamster as an excuse not to get another. You'd then have to take on the rabbit when she gets bored of that and next it will be a kitten. :roll: The Rabbit Welfare Assocation has lots of leaflets on their website which you could print off. Make sure you tell them about vets fees and how much hay, food, etc. is and that they don't like to be handled so its not something the child can sit and pet. Perhaps print off a picture of a decent hutch and run combo and how much it will cost hopefully that will put them off.

Yeah could try that but I can't just sit here if I know a wee hamster is being neglected :cry:

I think you need to see what state the Hamster is in then. I don't know anything about hamsters but can you think of anything that would make it more interesting to the little girl. Perhaps show her your setup. (That's if you already have a hamster yourself) I love it when I give my bunnies homemade toys perhaps show her how to make some homemade toys for the hammie. I know my nieces love to make things.

I think you need to see what state the Hamster is in then. I don't know anything about hamsters but can you think of anything that would make it more interesting to the little girl. Perhaps show her your setup. I love it when I give my bunnies homemade toys perhaps show her how to make some homemade toys for the hammie. I know my nieces love to make things.

Yeah I guess I could and also show her how to lift it! It's just I know what these people are like sadly :(

Back