• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rescue rabbit fundraising

geosacy

New Kit
Does anybody know what are the largest rabbit societies in the uk? I plan on doing some fundraising work for rescue rabbits

rabbit rescue fundraising plan

Does anybody know the names of the largest rabbit rescue centres in the uk? I am looking for large rabbit rescue centres in the UK to raise funds for rescue rabbits.

Why not raise money for a small local rescue.Im sure they will be glad of the help. Many Large, recognised recues will be contributed to by other large national companies, where as the smaller ones are over looked

Does anybody know the names of the largest rabbit rescue centres in the uk? I am looking for large rabbit rescue centres in the UK to raise funds for rescue rabbits.
Why does it have to be a large Rescue? Small ones need just as much fundraising as large.

I would suggest going through the list provided and choosing one who's philosophies you are most happy with.

Larger rescues tend to have fund raising committees, smaller ones tend to put all their energy into looking after the animals and dont have time to fund raise. There are lots of small animal rescues which are run as one man bands who would be more than gratefull for some help. Ideally find someone local to you.

i would find your nearest small rescue and help them out with their fundraisng if you were thinking a large one would hel pmore bunnys than a small one, you will be surprised you could even spread your fundraising over 2 or 3 smaller rescues they do take in hundreds of rabbits each every year x

I agree with the others. Larger charities tend to get a lot of publicity and p[eople know more about them such as RSPCA. however little ones do just as much work if not more and noone knows of them for example Bunny Burrows North Yorkshire take in severe cruelty cases aswell as general cases they get NO help the elderly lady (she'll kill me for saying that) sits in market halls with bric-a-brac to raise funds for her £600+ vet bills each month and £200+ a week food. She also goes to schools to help educate children in her own time in the hope if they know more then less bunnies will end up in rescue.
The RSPCA rings her lots to take in more buns/guinea pigs as they dont have money to look after them or put to sleep (seriously) so this little old lady takes what she can and helps try to find new home. She lives in a 2bedroom terrace house and every room is converted into caring for these animals.
She isn't well known or big charity but needs as much help as she can get to help rescue more! So all little rescues will be very grateful if not more greatful as obv they cant set up monthly direct debits etc like RSPCA can.
If you would like more info about BB work www.bunnyburrows.btik.com or check out www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com

Back