• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is hessian safe for bunnies?

Yay, I'm not invisible. :lol::lol::lol:

Any ideas where I could get something like that Denise? Would those roll up beach mats be ok to eat? :? Not that I have any or know where to get them. :lol::lol:

I normally get the grassy mats from pah but they're tiny and Alfie and Bubbles can eat one in about 24 hours :roll: :lol: so they wouldn't be much good. I could be mean and just make them lie on the felt but I think it would be too rough on their little footsies and bums.

:lol::lol::lol: No you're not invisible Karen :lol:

I think Katie uses those beach mats in her set up - so reckon they would be ok :) Would you be able to get them somewhere like Asda or Morrison's? Or even Primark if you've got one near you?

Someone did post a link on here recently for big grassy mats etc - though I can't remember who it was :oops:

I found these on the Hay Experts site so will order a couple if I can'd find any beach mats. I'm going shopping tomorrow so will have a look in Primark and the huge Asda Living (and anywhere else I can think of) while I'm out. Thanks hun. :love:

Thank you both. :love: Ikea is just down the road from me, so I can check there tomorrow as well; I'm sure they do vet bed too. :D:D

Hi, sorry to hi jack your thread but do you find the little shelter good? I was looking at buying one for my bunny for her run. Do you have the big or small one?

I've got the small one and my two (both mini lops) can both fit inside at a push..... not that they ever go inside. :roll:

I bought it to put in the run on grass, but the shelter was almost as tall as the run itself and they couldn't really sit on top of it (which is all they really want to do :lol:). I haven't used it in months because of that but have repainted it to put in their new aviary set up.

Tbh, if I'd known they wouldn't go inside it, I'd have saved my money.

Thanks, I was thinking about putting it inside her run so that she has somewhere to shelter in case the rain came on. I know what you mean about sitting on top - I usually put her carry box inside the run and she sits on top of that! Our run is quite tall but I will measure and see how much head room that leaves!

I found these on the Hay Experts site so will order a couple if I can'd find any beach mats. I'm going shopping tomorrow so will have a look in Primark and the huge Asda Living (and anywhere else I can think of) while I'm out. Thanks hun. :love:

I buy these sometimes for my bunnies and they love them :)

Back