• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing roofs

George&dillon

Mama Doe
Can i ask, hopefully not a 2 stoopid question, but should i have a roof on the run? our run has a 5.5+ft solid fence going around 2 sides, one side has a 5+ft mesh door and the other side is 4ft mesh across, we don't have a roof and he can't dig out coz its surronded with concrete underneath where ever he digs to :? the run its-self measures approx (sorry can't remember the exact measurements) 4ftx9ft ;)

Can i ask, hopefully not a 2 stoopid question, but should i have a roof on the run? our run has a 5.5+ft solid fence going around 2 sides, one side has a 5+ft mesh door and the other side is 4ft mesh across, we don't have a roof and he can't dig out coz its surronded with concrete underneath where ever he digs to :? the run its-self measures approx (sorry can't remember the exact measurements) 4ftx9ft ;)

I would say for unsupervised use, yes...a fox could jump it and I have heard of sparrowhawks attacking rabbits if your garden is large enough?

its not really a garden its more a back yard :( i never thought of birds tho :(

And cats can get in. I'm going to make a big run in my yard soon and will be using onduline for the roof. It will protect them from the sun and rain as well as birds and other predators.

Back