• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phantom Pregnancy?

ostaragirl

Warren Scout
One of my un-neutered females built a nest yesterday, she was using hay and pulling out her fur. I have noticed pink marks on her white fur as well. After she built it she sat in it for a while making whimpering noises then just carried on as normal. Is it normal to see pink urine? I'm getting so paranoid I think I even saw one of my bucks with the same thing!

was the urine orange/red colour? this can be pigment form food such as rose leaves or dandilions(high protein foods basically) however if it wasnt then take to a vet asap x

Yes it was. She seems fine now, no more urine that colour. I just thought it was odd behaviour, building a nest. She hasn't gone near it since.

phantom pregnancy?

This is quite normal for an un neutered doe to build a nest:)she will carry on doing this so it would be best to get her speyed:)as sometimes they become aggressive while "nesting":cry:
If you also have un neutered bucks then you are risking a real pregnancy:shock:

I'm going to get them spayed when they are 6 months. Male is not housed with them. What's putting me off is we only have one vet in our area who doesn't have much experience of spaying, but I know I will have to get them done.

Back