• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for laura please-home

mopsmum

Mama Doe
Laura is our 6 year old guinea pig. she was fine one minute then couldn't walk the next. i have left her at the vets this morning to have xrays as the vet can feel a lump near her kidney:cry: i really can't bare to think of loosing Laura:cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear Laura is poorly, Tracey. :(:( Sending lots and lots of vibes. xxxx

just heard from the vets, she has cystic ovaries. not sure why she lost the use in her back legs unless it was the pain causing this, she is regaining use in them now. shes going to have pain releif and is coming home for today while we make a decision to operate or not. the vet is not sure if she is strong enough for the operation but only other option is pts:cry:

shes eating a bit better now and looks a bit more settled but still not moving around. shes booked in for surgery tomorrow.

home from the vets. things were a little worse than expected. she had tumors on both ovaries, her uterus and a mamory gland. all have been removed succesfully.

Back