• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squash leaves

Crazyt123

Alpha Buck
Is the occsanionl Squash Leaf safe for rabbits?

We have a ton in our garden and my moms always having to pull the leaves to control it and i dont want to waste all of it.

So would the occassonal leaf be ok?Iv tried looking but ill i can find is that they can have the actuall squash nothing bout leaves

I can't find anything that says they are poisonous as such, but apparently they do have the potential to accumulate nitrate from the soil to toxic levels so there is some risk, especially if fertilisers are used.

Is the occsanionl Squash Leaf safe for rabbits?

We have a ton in our garden and my moms always having to pull the leaves to control it and i dont want to waste all of it.

So would the occassonal leaf be ok?Iv tried looking but ill i can find is that they can have the actuall squash nothing bout leaves

Not sure about all types of squash, but pumpkin leaves are good, and fairly low in calcium too.

I've never fed zucchini leaves, and although my rabbits will sometimes nibble them in the garden, they don't seem very keen on them at all. Tell your mum to grow something the rabbits like :)

haha oh we have pleanty of herbs, parsleys romian lettuce strawberry leaves and such and carrots will be coming in to carrots tops to add to that

Back