• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to get fluffy buns clipped!- bad news

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I've decided to put Snowy and Jessica into the vets to be clipped. With myself being ill and Mike being away so often they are starting to get matted and I am stressing about it, so the best thing to do, I think, is get them a hair cut. Its an expense we could do without, especailly after Deli and Mia's ops, but I couldn't live with myself if they got flystrike or were uncomfortable. I think I'll also ask how much it would cost for a weekly grooming session, until I am well again.
Its doing me no good worrying about them and Mike has enough to do, so this way we will both stop feeling guilty about them at least.

Last edited:
Do you have any mates who want to groom your pair of hairies while your getting better? would save paying the vets, i think i have some mates i could o blackmail with bunny chores hehe so theres always that too ;):lol: hope you feel better soon xx

Due to personal problems, i left one of my long haired foster buns about 3 weeks without brushing her - bad bad mistake :? Lucy had to have her at the grooming salon... i must say though, Lucy made a fab job of her!! All the fur in this weather cant be good for them :?

How much do the vets charge to do it?? :) xXx

I don't really have anybody I could rely on to groom them regularly- Snowy doesn't really like being groomed and I don't want to be reliant on anybody anymore (another story).
Becca86, I have no idea how much it costs, but It will be worth it if it reduces the stress!:)

Snowy and Jessica are booked in for tomorrow to get clipped, I've also asked they get their teeth checked as it is a while since they have been looked at. I'l take Jess in as well, rather than leave her on her own, they can give her a check over too as she tends to get dental problems and make sure there is no sign of her abscess re-occurring. We have a big dog carrier, so I'll have to give it a good wash and put some towels in, I think it will fit all of them in, if not on the way there, it should on the way back after they have lost all their fluff :lol:. I'm a bit upset about having to do this as they do look lovely when groomed, but Jessica is realy starting to matt.

Dropped the buns off this morning, and took Jess too ( they are a trio) so she wouldn't be left all on her own. I asked them to check all of their teeth when they got a chance as they haven't been looked at for a while.
I just got a call from the vet asking if he could sedate Jess as he has found lumps and thinks he saw some puss. We nearly lost her about a year ago due to an abscess under her tongue, so as you can imagine I'm a bit worried.
If it is a problem, at least we have caught it before she feels ill ( she's as bright as a button), and hopefully will be able to treat it, I've always been aware she is likely to get more abscesses,but its still very upsetting.
Hope the others are fine, Jessica got a dental last october, and Snowy hasn't needed one so far.

Jess has a large abscess on the right side of her mouth, and the vet is worried it is a tooth root problem. He has decided not to x-ray at the moment as it won't really change how we treat her. She has had her teeth trimmed and her abscess cleaned up, he decided not to lance from the outside, but she will get a micotil injection today and friday, and if that doesn't work will go back onto betamox. He doesn't think the long term prognosis is very good, but we will try. I'd better dig out the manuka honey as it looks like we have another fight on our hands.:(
The other 2 buns have been tidied up and both their teeth are fine.
Its funny I didn't have a good feeling about going in today, and feel rotten for not being aware Jess had a problem. I watch her particularly and check her mouth, and there has been no hint that anything was wrong. I guess at least she isn't in any pain.

Glad Snowy and Jessicas grooming went well :)

Sorry to hear about Jess :( Sending lots of vibes for her xXx

Back