• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

giant lops?

kelly1

Warren Scout
In the distant future,my chap would like to get a giant lop,is there such
a breed as i havent heard much about them/seen many photos.i have seen very big german lops,are these what people call giant lops or do u acually get giant lops?many thnaks

not really such thing, but its usually a name for a french lop (the largest lop breed, around 12-15 lbs in weight) but again, the giant uppy breeds (british, conti and papillon) are larger.
German lops are smaller than french lops though! :wave:

I have two German lops, they are very pretty bunnies, lovely nature :love:
Like coco1200 said they are smaller than French lops.

aww,is there any chance someone could post a pic of a frencs an german lop please so i can see.i have 2 lops myself witch are small ones so they must be german.

aww,is there any chance someone could post a pic of a frencs an german lop please so i can see.i have 2 lops myself witch are small ones so they must be german.

If they're very small they could be mini-lops or dwarf lops (although these are more medium sized buns.)

German lops are still quite large, probably weighing 8lbs... you might have a mini lop or dwarf lop?

well, heres George... he lives with kayj now, becuase he didn't get along with Oscar, my giant pap. He's a french lop, and THE cutest rabbit ever. :love::love::love::love:

IMG_7417.jpg

IMG_7407.jpg

IMG_8229.jpg

I do miss him SO, SO much, but he has a fantastic home now.

Mine are still babies but their parents were really big bunnies, so they should be big cuddly buns in a few months.

149_2895.jpg

149_2908.jpg

lol lillian,how cute are those big ears,is that a tell tale sign that they are french lops by the size of their ears?(apart from english lops)

lol lillian,how cute are those big ears,is that a tell tale sign that they are french lops by the size of their ears?(apart from english lops)

French lops have a very rounded body, German lops have a rather square body. Both have big ears as babies.

This is my french lop Barney, he is only a baby and enormous already, my hubby could barely fit him in the carrier when he went to pick him up. He is going to be a very big boy
090601194602a.jpg

090601194434c.jpg

I have a giant lop, but she is a cross between a French Lop and a Continental Giant...

Here's Trystane, I have never weighed her, but she must be around the 7 kg mark

Picture+698.JPG

Picture+696.JPG

This is my french lop Barney, he is only a baby and enormous already, my hubby could barely fit him in the carrier when he went to pick him up. He is going to be a very big boy
090601194602a.jpg

090601194434c.jpg

Aawwww Barney is an absolute stunner! :love:
My Lillian had a pretty face like him but she was silver :love:
She was huuuge and more like a dog than a bunny :lol:

Back