• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny webcams

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
What would I need to set one up in their run so I can view it through a website? Is it easy? How much etc, etc?

We are going away for a few days in a couple of weeks and it would be nice to have something up so I can look in on them. :oops: My sister does a great job looking after them but I know she worries about the responsibility and I was thinking this would maybe also help put her mind at ease.

I presume their run is outside? The main problems are getting a power supply to the camera and connecting it to the internet. If you can get a power extension and get a long network cable, then it's relatively simple to setup. You need to buy a 'network camera'. It should be easy to setup to view on your computer, but then you will need to configure your internet router so that you can view it over the internet.

Hi, yes the run is outside. We have power in their wendy house.

I was just looking before and there seems to be some wireless webcams for about £75 - would they do the trick without all the wires?

Yes, if you have a wireless router in your house and the distance isn't too far :)

It might be a little harder to configure, but they should come with instructions.

we have bunny CCTV here , its fab we can even watch at night when tucked up in bed and good way of checking on our buns as long side our boarders. I love watching bunny vision , but I am told its easy to use a web cam, we have a local dog groomer who has offers this service so you can see your dogh being groomed .

Back