• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should i get her spayed? :/

XcrystalX

Warren Scout
:wave: i have a spayed rabbit, (zoe) with an unspayed rabbit (crystal in the pic also) and she keeps biting zoe badly, pulling loads of fur out of her, but i dont think zoe minds that much, but she's started to bite me abit too!! (she hardly ever does, or dares) shud i get her spayed? my mum sed she wud be better spayed! what do others think? :/:oops::shock:

she keeps biting zoe badly, pulling loads of fur out of her, but i dont think zoe minds that much

Rabbits tend to hide pain and distress very well (in case it draws the attention of a predator towards them), I'm sure poor Zoe does mind, it can't be nice being bitten all the time :( There is also a risk that although it's 'just' a bit of nipping at the moment, it could very easily escalate into a full-blown very serious fight - what if you aren't there to break them up when that happens? I would definitely get her spayed - as well as the health benefits, it would put an end to the hormonal behaviour and help your two bunnies to be proper good friends without a serious risk of bullying or fighting :)

Back