• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for Liesel ...i feel like im failing her

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
:(

Although Liesel has made a little progress with having feeling now in both her back legs and feet she now has some added problems to deal with .. :(:(

she has sores on the outside of both her thighs and she is making them worse by biteing them .. :(
now her spay wound looks awful too ... :(

i just dont know what to do ..im at my wits end .. :(

Oh Angie ,you mustn't feel like that,I know you'll be doing everything you possibly can for her.....sending you hugs and hoping Liesel will improve.x

Angie. you most certainly havent failed her. You are doing everything possible for her.
Am sending vibes for her to be ok

but am i ? :(

have just heard back from vets and i am to increase her antibiotics to max dose ..
i am washing the sores with hibiscrub , drying them with the hairdryer and putting on cream fromthe vets ... but nothing seems to be helping .. :(..if anything they are getting worse .. :(

but am i ? :(

have just heard back from vets and i am to increase her antibiotics to max dose ..
i am washing the sores with hibiscrub , drying them with the hairdryer and putting on cream fromthe vets ... but nothing seems to be helping .. :(..if anything they are getting worse .. :(

If you are doing everything the vet advises then ,yes of course you are doing everything you can for her!

You are trying everything for her so you are by no means failing her. You are doing what you can - thats all you can do.
Will be thinking of you both today and hoping things improve x

Of course you are not failing her !!

I dont know what cream you are using but I have just discovered this

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/savlon-advanced-healing-gel-50g_1_26175.html

All I will say is I have seen it work miracles. Maybe you could ask the Vet about giving it a try.

Also is she on some Metacam ? If her skin is sore that may make her bite herself all the more.

i am using Dermosil cream ...

she is on steroid injections so cannot have metacam ..:(

Last edited:
Have you tried putting any dressings on the sores at all, I dressed Juno's pressure sore with a padded bandage to take the weight off it and I am positive it helped it to heal. I had to change it twice a day as her wound was infected too, and had to be swabbed, but it healed completely within a few weeks.

Sending lots of love and vibes to Liesel :love:

Your doing everything you can, please try (i know its near impossible) to stay positive. Sending you loads of supportive vibes too.

Oh Angie - you are certainly not failing her in anyway - you are doing your utmost for Liesel. We can only do our best for our buns & that's exactly what you're doing. I know it's so hard to stay positive when you think everything's against you, but hopefully in with a little more time things will start to improve further for Liesel.

Sending lots of vibes for brave Liesel & (((hugs))) for you xxx

Please don't blame yourself; you are not failing Liesel. Sending lots of vibes for your brave girl xx

Have you tried putting any dressings on the sores at all, I dressed Juno's pressure sore with a padded bandage to take the weight off it and I am positive it helped it to heal. I had to change it twice a day as her wound was infected too, and had to be swabbed, but it healed completely within a few weeks.

have been racking mybrains to think howwe could dress the sores ...but i think because of where theyare it would be impossible to keep dressings on :?

have been racking mybrains to think howwe could dress the sores ...but i think because of where theyare it would be impossible to keep dressings on :?

Where exactly are they?
Do you have any gause and surgical tape? We really had to improvise with most of Juno's treatment and it was trial and error to find dressings that worked for her, especially as she had a splint and brace on at times.

is that a side effect of steroids then ?? ...should we stop with the steroids ??

It can be a side effect, yes.
But Liesel probably needs them :?

Its 'rock and hard place' situation really :cry:

If you could get a pic of the sore areas maybe between us we can come up with some suggestions re dressings :?

I'm sure you're not failing her, but you're understandably worried and frustrated because the treatment doesn't seem to be helping.

I'm not sure whereabouts on her legs but could you cut the toes off a pair of socks and put them on Liesel's legs to keep the dressings in place? (Bunny legwarmers)

I dont quite know how it would work on the hind legs...... but i used a baby grow which i sewed to fit when Holly had a massive cut on her front leg.

2007_1002bunnygrow0016.jpg

2007_1002bunnygrow0021.jpg

Like i say, i dont know how you would get it on a hind leg, but i figured posting the pics may spark an idea to someone on here about how to make one for Liesel?

Back