• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Volunteers in Manchester wanted.

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
This is the Ad

Dear All,

The RSPCA Manchester and Salford Branch are running a Funday on the 11th of July 2009 - 12-5pm.

There will be:

* Dog shows
* Ethical and charitable stalls
* Rescue dog parade
* Flyball Demos
* Food and refreshments
* Artists and musicians
* Games and rides
* Bouncy castle
* Climbing wall
* Football tournament
* Other Sports

If any charities, community groups and ethical traders would like a stall at the festival:
info only is free
charity/community stall £10
trader/business £25

Please email for booking forms or call 0161 882 0680.

ALSO DOG MOT'S:

We will have vets doing free health checks for dogs. Fleaing, worming and microchipping can be purchased for just £1 each!

Any enquirys please ring 0161 882 0680 or reply to this ad.

Thanks,

Hannah

Elaine thinks it would be a great idea if we could get a stall for Tameside Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue, as she has not done any stalls in the past few months.

However, unfortunatley, there is only me, would anyone be interested in helping run a stall, just need 1 or 2 people.

I do hope someone is available.

thanks

Louise

It would be great if everyone turned up, then we could take it in turns to man and get to have a look around too :)

Ive been organising prizes for a balloon race, I think this would be a brilliant place to let them go(the balloons, not the prizes), would get some fab pics for Elaine's Website and the face book page!

Any one know of a company in Manchester that do helium balloons, I think they will fly better!, Im looking for some donated ones or as cheap as poss. Can have as much of their advertising as they wish!

Sounds like you have lots of help, I hope it goes well. :D:D:D

I'm not sure what you mean by a balloon race, but are you thinking of letting the balloons go? Only there was a clip on Springwatch the other day, saying how some balloons end up in the sea and if they're ingested by turtles it kills them. :(:( I would imagine the same danger applies to lots of other wildlife too.

If you're not letting the balloons go, then I'll get my coat. :oops::lol:

ETA: There's some info here and also some suggestions for alternatives to releasing balloons. ;) http://www.mcsuk.org/mcsaction/pollution/balloons

Last edited:
Sounds like you have lots of help, I hope it goes well. :D:D:D

I'm not sure what you mean by a balloon race, but are you thinking of letting the balloons go? Only there was a clip on Springwatch the other day, saying how some balloons end up in the sea and if they're ingested by turtles it kills them. :(:( I would imagine the same danger applies to lots of other wildlife too.

If you're not letting the balloons go, then I'll get my coat. :oops::lol:

ETA: There's some info here and also some suggestions for alternatives to releasing balloons. ;) http://www.mcsuk.org/mcsaction/pollution/balloons

How odd I got a similar reply back from Burns! Consider it reconsidered!

Sorry I thought it had said

40030182__1244465816__1__1-f1d6d-1.jpg

Sorry It will not go any bigger

Last edited:
any more ? just to make sure we have enough people on the day. Someone close to me would be great, as I may need to sneak a lift, as I have a bit to take with me

What's the plan for Saturday? :)

Do you know how you're getting there yet? I'll be getting a bus from Manchester City centre so if you're taking the bus too I can meet you somewhere to help carry stuff!

Back