• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New rabbit

Katheryn

Young Bun
I recently got a new rabbit off a friend whose family didnt want her anymore. Think shes having a phantom pregnancy as she has pulled hair out and made a big nest in her sleeping area, don't think she is pregnant as my boy rabbit hasnt been anywhere near her so can i just clear it away as she poos in the same area?

Also i havnt been able to pick her up, or stroke her properly, had her about a month, she wasnt treated great by her previous owner and i think she has either broken her leg at some point or its dislocated as it sticks out and she drags it along the floor, i know i need to take her to the vets but i cant pick her up, i guess this causes her some discomfort, so what is the best way to go about this?

Im finding it difficult to try and get her to like me as i already have a boy rabbit who follows me everywhere and i can have cuddles with i am having difficulty in getting the new rabbit to even let me touch her. She eats and drinks very well but she wasnt fed properly before i had her, she lived in months of old poo and was pretty much treated like a wild rabbit.

Also, if and when shes 100% i would like baby bunnys before i get her neutered is this a good idea?

Any help/advise would be great! sorry if it doesnt make much sense :)

I recently got a new rabbit off a friend whose family didnt want her anymore. Think shes having a phantom pregnancy as she has pulled hair out and made a big nest in her sleeping area, don't think she is pregnant as my boy rabbit hasnt been anywhere near her so can i just clear it away as she poos in the same area?

Also i havnt been able to pick her up, or stroke her properly, had her about a month, she wasnt treated great by her previous owner and i think she has either broken her leg at some point or its dislocated as it sticks out and she drags it along the floor, i know i need to take her to the vets but i cant pick her up, i guess this causes her some discomfort, so what is the best way to go about this? I would try and "herd" her into a carrier, or tempt her in with some food/treats.

Im finding it difficult to try and get her to like me as i already have a boy rabbit who follows me everywhere and i can have cuddles with i am having difficulty in getting the new rabbit to even let me touch her. She eats and drinks very well but she wasnt fed properly before i had her, she lived in months of old poo and was pretty much treated like a wild rabbit.

Also, if and when shes 100% i would like baby bunnys before i get her neutered is this a good idea? No. You know nothing of her history so it could be bringing a litter of bunnies into the world with problems, ie dental problems/deformities. NEVER breed from two rabbits you don't know 3 generations on each side of. Also, 33,000 rabbits are dumped in rescues in the UK every year. Let her have a life, spay her and neuter your little man, and let them be friends :)

Any help/advise would be great! sorry if it doesnt make much sense :)

answered above :)

Back