• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DENTAL buns. U/D pics

Starlight

Warren Veteran
If you have a dental bun, that has molar spurs, when they are due a dental, do they get a lump on the side of their bottom jaw, the size of a ping pong ball?

Had a bun come in, asked if they knew about the lump on his jaw, and they said it only comes up when he is due a dental. :?

He is a 5 year old black lionhead X, He has come into rescue as his owners could no longer afford to keep him due to losing there jobs and him having dentals, so were going to have him PTS. When asked how often he has to have dentals, thinking he may be a permanant bun here, i was told once a year :(

He is due now and has a runny nose/eyes from where his teeth need doing :(

Last edited:
Sounds like there could be a root abscess?

Get him booked in for the dental and get some xrays perhaps? If it is only once I year I reckon that could be corrected with a good diet? If it were genetic surely they would need doing more often

I said that to them and they looked at me as if i was talking a foreign language and said it only comes up when he is due :?

Will have to book him in for Wednesday unless he stops eating in the meanwhile as my vet has no op space until then :(

sooty001.jpg

sooty002.jpg

sooty003.jpg

sooty004.jpg

sooty005.jpg

sooty006.jpg

Yes you're right, the black with white nose look is quite popular in Dagenham :lol:

He's a little sweetie isn't he - is the lump hard or soft? My first thought was an abscess too but if they're telling the truth about it coming and going that's far too big, surely. Some kind of fluid leak?

One of my buns that i had as a child got an abcess, and that is what it looked like on his face.

Zebedee is a dental bun with atrocious teeth and needs doing roughly every 8 weeks and he never gets any lumps on his face when his are due, just one weepy eye.

Yes you're right, the black with white nose look is quite popular in Dagenham :lol:

He's a little sweetie isn't he - is the lump hard or soft? My first thought was an abscess too but if they're telling the truth about it coming and going that's far too big, surely. Some kind of fluid leak?

:oops::lol:

Its definately hard. I had a feel and he can definately feel in that area- his eyes widened and he went to run, so must be causing quite a bit discomfort :(

I'll see if i can, but i know they refused to fit Honey in any sooner as they were fully booked- she needs her tear ducts done :(

Hes gorgeous :love: :love: Ive never had much to do with dentals buns so no advice hun :) Hope he will be ok though xXx

Back