• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those that allow their rabbits to garden freerange...

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
how do you stop them eating weeds that they're not supposed to?

I don't know what all the weeds are in the garden so i fence areas off however I want to be able to let alyssa hop in and out at ease when we are home...

I have ripped anything bad out and just keep on top of it. I cant ever 100% guarantee that the odd one wont escape me but I keep them full with hay and grass so hopefully they wont spot the one pesky weed

Our buns eat everything :roll: and we presume the ones they don't eat they don't like :lol: If I knew a plant out there was poisonous I would take it out our garden competely. Other than that the 4 of them are still living :shock:

Our buns eat everything :roll: and we presume the ones they don't eat they don't like :lol: If I knew a plant out there was poisonous I would take it out our garden competely. Other than that the 4 of them are still living :shock:

I agree with you, and mine are still living too:D

I have two free range (soon to be 4!) bunnies and they have never come to any harm.

I never knew (until recently) that bulb plants were dangerous and I have had lillies and daffodils in the garden. The two older bun's have never touched them but the younger two have tried them in the past so now that all four will soon be free range I have removed all the bulb plants. Other than that, though I haven't removed anything else.

Mine have scoffedd all the weeds, Mostly dandelions.

Salt is good for killing some of them off.

Same here. The only problem is with 8 of them freeranging there's not a fat lot left for them to eat anyway as they've razed the lot:lol::lol:

Ditto.... :?

With the bulbs they've left the leaves but eaten the flowers. We're taking them up to be safe though...

My garden is totally denuded of anything that is more than 1/4" tall and edible. They will eat everything, even my lawn is comprised of moss - all the grass has gone!
Saying that, the only thing they left alone was a small clump of snowdrops which dared to grow in Feb.
They are all very well.

There are loads of lists of plants poisonous to rabbits if you google for them, but it is hard to recognise most of them, but if you have something growing in your rabbit area, you could look for it on the lists.

Last edited:
Back