• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dry sneezing

kimishorty

Young Bun
Hi guys, my bun started sneezing yesterday and keeps doing from 1 to 8 sneezes at a time. They are all dry, no runny noses or anything and he is still eating, drinking, playing and toileting as normal.
I called my vet for advice and she said it could just be dust if his bedding has been changed to sawdust but I said I actually changed it about five days ago from straw to a mixture of straw and hay (just to use up the hay we bought but he doesn't lik to eat) not sawdust, although he has sawdust in his littertrays but this has never been a problem before. The vet said to bring him in if he goes off his food or gets a runny nose but for now he should be fine and to just change back to the straw bedding and see if it stops.

Am I silly to be worried or is the vet probably right?

Thanks

I didnt think it was, it doesnt look dusty and has been kept in a sealed container since we got it really in february. Thats what I though initially too. He just flopped by my feet :D

Milly had a bout of dry sneezing, which only lasted a day, and cleared up after that, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep an eye on it.

Jazz does this, my vet gave me some powder to thin any gunk down that he might have so he can clear himself easier if theres anything there. the powder gets disolved in his water.

Back