• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to have to amend cat flap!!

I went out to feed Eric and Ernie this morning to find them both sat in their run!!!
It is attached to their shed and they had managed to push open their catflap!The only problem is, they can't get back inside. I always tie the catflap open during the day, so they can go in and out when they want.
Now I know for sure, I locked the catflap last night, so they must have used all their strength to open it.
Thankfully they were both o.k and eager to get inside for breakfast!!

This is the second time it has happened. The first time, I guessed I couldn't have locked it properly. So from then on I have made absolutley sure it has been locked! So now, I know they are escape rabbits!!!

Better re-inforce the catflap.
Another Job for my hubbie this week!!:lol::lol:

Is getting rid of the cat flap an option? mine have constant access to their run and spend a lot of the night in it :)

Is getting rid of the cat flap an option? mine have constant access to their run and spend a lot of the night in it :)

I'm hoping my hubbie can sort something out for them. I don't think I could sleep if I let them have 24 hour access. I would worry!!!
I thought after they did it the first time they would learn they couldn't get back in!
I think they would be alright if it was open all the time, it's just that they sleep under their Patio chair right next to the catflap and I wouldn't want them to get cold (even though they have a lovely warm hutch if they wanted to sleep in that)
I have tried to move the chair, but they like that particular spot. I guess they can keep a close eye on outside from there.

I'm hoping my hubbie can sort something out for them. I don't think I could sleep if I let them have 24 hour access. I would worry!!!
I thought after they did it the first time they would learn they couldn't get back in!
I think they would be alright if it was open all the time, it's just that they sleep under their Patio chair right next to the catflap and I wouldn't want them to get cold (even though they have a lovely warm hutch if they wanted to sleep in that)
I have tried to move the chair, but they like that particular spot. I guess they can keep a close eye on outside from there.

Mine have 24 hour access too and spend the majority of their time in it, even when it's raining! :shock:

As long as the run is secure (fox proof) they will be fine :)

Mine have 24 hour access too and spend the majority of their time in it, even when it's raining! :shock:

As long as the run is secure (fox proof) they will be fine :)

I might be brave then!!!
Definately fox proof, but want to limit the amount of slugs and creepy crawlies that might fancy a cozy house too!

An old hutch of mine used to have a huge latch, and Harley used to use his paw to try move it :lol: He has a holiday hutch too, and when he's in that, because the door thing is quite loose, he throws himself at the door to try make it budge.

He's a strange rabbit

Back