• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Captain Carrot - UD - good news

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Captain Carrot has made really good progress. Apart from the sores you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with him. Will take some pics later today but at least it's good news!!

Oh I'm so pleased to hear that he's on the mend, such good news - you must be so relieved!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for The Captain !!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

sorry, got a bit excited there........................:oops:

I'm so glad he's doing well :D
I was reading an old 'Rabbiting On' article about nodular myxi, which was very positive. Affected rabbits often act normally, and even the most horrendous looking nodules usually heal with barely a scar, although surgery was sometimes required if they were on the nose xx

So pleased to hear he's making a good recovery (don't tell him but he's my fave - nothing to do with his name honest ;))

So pleased to hear he's making a good recovery (don't tell him but he's my fave - nothing to do with his name honest ;))

The amazing thing is that he acts like his namesake - never using his strength/size out of self-interest, but intervening even when poorly to protect smaller/weaker rabbits who are being picked on.... :love:

That's great news, and it is always good to have a positive story to pass on that encourages people to vaccinate.

That's great news, and it is always good to have a positive story to pass on that encourages people to vaccinate.

Definitely...apart from the first day or so, when it was really scary and his breathing was affected, it's actually been relatively straightforward. The vet said it was because his vacc was so up-to-date. Thank goodness it was! I'd hate to have lost him. :shock:

Back