• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A little monster :(

Sazzii

Warren Scout
I went on holiday for 5 nights, leaving my mum and my sister to look after the rabbits.
Since I came back, Smudge has transformed into a little monster!
She doesn't let me pick her up any more, and she makes a noise at me when I try... It's sort of like honking... I can't really think of a better word to describe it :/ :shock:
When I do manage to get her she just digs at me and flies off again.

She was perfect when I left! :(:(

she makes a noise at me when I try... It's sort of like honking... I can't really think of a better word to describe it (

Beau does that! He never was perfect before, but since we had to treat him for the wound on his back he honks and lunges. They're temperamental little things :love:

Thanks for the help, I though being a teenager would be more gradual :shock:

At least I know there's nothing wrong with her ^^

afraid this is her hormones she has reached teenage years!!! i would say then honking is trying to mate with you!!! (sorry!!) best thing is get her spayed and then give her a few months to calm down and find her a nice man for company! :)

and shell be wearing short skirts.
youl be yelling at her " your not going out dressed like that":lol::lol::lol:

Yep, it's adolescence alright! Hope you are feeling more relaxed about it, & even able to see the funny side, cos that's the key to getting through it, until the hormones quieten down.
Guess we're all different. I just told him he was "a silly bunny" when he pawed the air & growled/honked, very good naturedly ( = I'm not scared of you & I'm not backing off - but no aggression involved). Needed tough gardening gloves to pick him up for a couple of weeks! There's a rule in my house of no teeth. If he only layed a bare tooth on me I used "rabbit speak" for "I'm top bun round here; don't you dare". Just put my finger across his forehead & gradually increased the pressure until his chin touched the ground. & held it there for 3-4 secs. On the other hand, allowed him to take out his strops on his bedding-well we all need to let it out somehow!!
It's soooo much like a combination of human adolescence & terrible 2's it's very amusing when you can stand back from it. :lol:

She's a Nethie cross, when could she be spayed? Would I have to leave it longer than usual with her being a smaller rabbit?
:)

Back