• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny

Brookie21

Young Bun
aad3ps.jpg

This is my new bunny he is a little over 5 weeks and i just wanted to know does he look like a lionhead? Cuz the lady i got it from had a whoops litter also. And just a guess what kind of mane do you think he is going to have? Double? Single? None? hahaha :oops: lol this is my first time with this breed but i did like 1-2 years of research here and there ha i just completely fell in love with the breed ha :love: and does anyone know the BEST food to feed a this breed for his age i wanna buy him the best of EVERYTHING ha

He's definitely a lionhead. Best food would be a pellet food so that they don't selective feed as they do with a mix. Science Selective, Excel or Wagg are good pellet foods to feed. Be careful with any new foods you give him, give him a little amount and gradually build it up and if you're changing him over to a different pellet food then mix it into what he has at the moment - he'll have a very delicate stomach given his age.

He's very cute but way too young to be away from his Mum :cry:

Where did you get him?

As for his food, he should have access to a good quality hay 24/7
Do you know what concentrated feed he is used to ? A pellet feed is better than a muesli-type mix but you should try to feed him what he is used to for now.

I would also add a probiotic to his drinking water. This will help support the 'good' gut bacteria. Being so young he will have a very delicate digestive system.

Thank you SO much and i will keep that in mind =] he is really happy and is indoors and has a HUGE doggy crate and is for the most part litter trained :lol: yeah i want him to live AS LONG AS POSSIBLE thats y i wanted to know ha

He's very cute but way too young to be away from his Mum :cry:

Where did you get him?

As for his food, he should have access to a good quality hay 24/7
Do you know what concentrated feed he is used to ? A pellet feed is better than a muesli-type mix but you should try to feed him what he is used to for now.

I would also add a probiotic to his drinking water. This will help support the 'good' gut bacteria. Being so young he will have a very delicate digestive system.

yeah i got him from a lady next to us so if he had any problems or anything we could just take him back but he is doing fine and was taken away from his mom at 6 weeks to make sure that he could eat/drink which he is =] and i will get him probiotic water over the weekend thank you for telling me =] o and if you didn't read what i said under it i ment to say he is a litter under 7 weeks he will be 7 weeks on either sunday or monday im not very sure ha

Babies should leave mum at 8 weeks old.

I would give him probiotics, unlimited hay, and a food like Science Selective pellets :)

He is a cutie!

What was his mum fed on? Because he is probably used to eating the same as she was given, so its probably best to stick with that for the moment, and slowly change him over to the better quality stuff, 9like science selective) unless that what he's on at the mo, of course :)

Is he going to be an only bunny, or do you plan to get him a spayed girlfriend, once he is neutered of course?

He is so cute, what a lovely little face :D

He is a cutie!

What was his mum fed on? Because he is probably used to eating the same as she was given, so its probably best to stick with that for the moment, and slowly change him over to the better quality stuff, 9like science selective) unless that what he's on at the mo, of course :)

Is he going to be an only bunny, or do you plan to get him a spayed girlfriend, once he is neutered of course?

He is so cute, what a lovely little face :D

Idk if im going to get him a friend and even if i dont i'm still going to get him neutered because i heard that they live longer, my mom doesn't want me to get him neutered she thinks that if he isn't around a female i shouldn't do it but idk should i or not?
yeah im going to get him the stuff that goes in the water this weekend.
where do i get the science selective from????

if your going to get him a friend and even if i dont i'm still going to get him neutered because i heard that they live longer, my mom doesn't want me to get him neutered she thinks that if he isn't around a female i shouldn't do it but idk should i or not?
yeah im going to get him the stuff that goes in the water this weekend.
where do i get the science selective from????

Even if you don't get him a friend (and bunnies are happier in neutered pairs) them just getting hin neutered will keep his boy smell down, which will please you mum as he is an indoor bunny :) and also help to reduce him turning into a stroppy teenage lad, if you know what I mean :roll: boys ah?

Science selective is just an example of a good pellet food, where I come from the only place I can get it is from a vet, but I believe many pet shops stock the other pellet type foods. Pellets are good because it stops you bunny eating only his fav bits, and ignoring the not so yummy bits. Like if you give a kid the choice of chips or veg, they go for the chips :roll: :lol: Bunnies can be the same.

Maybe if you say weather you have a pets at home or a jollies oet store near you, people can surgest a good food from these stores? I don't know wha either of these stores stock as I don't shop in them :)

Last edited:
Even if you don't get him a friend (and bunnies are happier in neutered pairs) them just getting hin neutered will keep his boy smell down, which will please you mum as he is an indoor bunny :) and also help to reduce him turning into a stroppy teenage lad, if you know what I mean :roll: boys ah?

Science selective is just an example of a good pellet food, where I come from the only place I can get it is from a vet, but I believe many pet shops stock the other pellet type foods. Pellets are good because it stops you bunny eating only his fav bits, and ignoring the not so yummy bits. Like if you give a kid the choice of chips or veg, they go for the chips :roll: :lol: Bunnies can be the same.

Maybe if you say weather you have a pets at home or a jollies oet store near you, people can surgest a good food from these stores? I don't know wha either of these stores stock as I don't shop in them :)

Yeah.... I might get him a friend because i feel bad for him i dont want him being lonely but idk if i could handle 2 rabbit and make them both friendly i would feel bad if i gave 1 more affection then the other one you know? yeah i want him to have the best of EVERYTHING even know i just got him i still love him like my baby :love: ha but yeah he is pretty much all the way litter box trained :D i have waited like 1 year for him and i want him to be SPOILED ROTTEN you know? but i think his mane is coming in really well

Yeah.... I might get him a friend because i feel bad for him i dont want him being lonely but idk if i could handle 2 rabbit and make them both friendly i would feel bad if i gave 1 more affection then the other one you know? yeah i want him to have the best of EVERYTHING even know i just got him i still love him like my baby :love: ha but yeah he is pretty much all the way litter box trained :D i have waited like 1 year for him and i want him to be SPOILED ROTTEN you know? but i think his mane is coming in really well

Awww, well I'm glad you are enjoying your boy! Its fun spoiling them! Mine love new toys, they love boxes the best though, all those expencive toys and the box it came in is waht they want, hehe.

Awww, well I'm glad you are enjoying your boy! Its fun spoiling them! Mine love new toys, they love boxes the best though, all those expencive toys and the box it came in is waht they want, hehe.

ha yeah he has a german shepards crate and 1 litter box and 2 boxes in it and 3 chew treats im sad that i cant give him fruits yet though cuz he is only a litter under 7 weeks and it says i cant do anything till 12 weeks or something?

ha yeah he has a german shepards crate and 1 litter box and 2 boxes in it and 3 chew treats im sad that i cant give him fruits yet though cuz he is only a litter under 7 weeks and it says i cant do anything till 12 weeks or something?

Yeah, I'd stay away from fruit at the mo, but it does depend on what his mum was given. If she was given fruit he might be used to it.

On saying that, mine rarely get fruit as I don't think its too good for their tummies, give them a bit of wind, and bunnies can sometimes have trouble passing wind :oops:

I give mine spring green (they are leafy green veg, usually in a bag by the winter veg in a supermarket), celery, a little bit of carrot and broc. They also have loads of yummy green hay, as you know this is best for them, and thier pellets. But not too many pellets, or they'd get a bit podgy :)

Yeah, I'd stay away from fruit at the mo, but it does depend on what his mum was given. If she was given fruit he might be used to it.

On saying that, mine rarely get fruit as I don't think its too good for their tummies, give them a bit of wind, and bunnies can sometimes have trouble passing wind :oops:

I give mine spring green (they are leafy green veg, usually in a bag by the winter veg in a supermarket), celery, a little bit of carrot and broc. They also have loads of yummy green hay, as you know this is best for them, and thier pellets. But not too many pellets, or they'd get a bit podgy :)

yeah currently he has unlimited alfalfa hay and pellets is that wrong? thats what this one website told me to do? i just want him to live for as long as possible

yeah currently he has unlimited alfalfa hay and pellets is that wrong? thats what this one website told me to do? i just want him to live for as long as possible

Sounds good to me, I dont know the full content of alfafa hay as mine get medow hay cuz some types of hay give one of mine a little calcium problems. But someone else should come on a let you know is its best for you bunny :)

I think alfalfa is ok as an unlimited, but I'm not 100% sure.

Back