• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lonely male Guinea pig.

janjan

Alpha Buck
A friend of mine as asked me if i would have this piggy of her, but i don't want any more piggys at the mo, and i certainly can't put him in with my 2 girls. He hasn't been neutered
I couldn't have him on his own. Any idea's anyone ?
I would like to help the little chapie out, apparently he is over 1, but unsure what breed he is.
She was pressurised into having him, with some pretence he was going to someone else they both knew. Then they didn't want him either. :cry:

how much does it cost to castrate a male piggy i`m sure he would love to be with your girls if u have got the room.:D

Your girls would more than likely be fine with him :)

My mum recently had her male pig castrated and it only cost £30. As long as you leave it 6 weeks until trying to bond everything should be ok. Hope it works out for the little piggy xXx

Your girls would more than likely be fine with him :)

My mum recently had her male pig castrated and it only cost £30. As long as you leave it 6 weeks until trying to bond everything should be ok. Hope it works out for the little piggy xXx

I don't have piggies and won't in the near future, so sorry to jump in on the thread, but do you need to wait 6 weeks with buns/guineas even if the other sex has been done a while ago? ie. if you have a girly who's been spayed ages (eg. a year) and you get a buck done, do you still have to wait 6 weeks, because obv. the doe couldn't get pregnant, is it a behaviour thing?

I don't have piggies and won't in the near future, so sorry to jump in on the thread, but do you need to wait 6 weeks with buns/guineas even if the other sex has been done a while ago? ie. if you have a girly who's been spayed ages (eg. a year) and you get a buck done, do you still have to wait 6 weeks, because obv. the doe couldn't get pregnant, is it a behaviour thing?

Castrating does not usually change the behaviour of a pig. My vet advised me to get all my males done, at £50 each but (£200) but reading up on it it's rare to change temperment.

Back