• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Applying Zymox

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I went to the vets awhile ago, and was told to use Zymox about once every two weeks or so (if memory serves). But I didn't want to do it that often, so I decided to wait until I saw build up.

Now there is some waxy build up in the ear, and I've forgotten how to apply it. :oops:

All I remember is: filling up the base of the ear, massaging gently, then wiping it out with a cotton ball.

Am I supposed to let it sit for any amount of time? And what's the best way to get a bunny to stay still while you're doing this? :?

I've never used anything like that before so difficult to advise... Are there instructions in the box of medication? To get a bunny to sit still probably best to wrap it up if its likely to not like it.. or maybe give it a good groom/massaging strokes to keep it still for a while. Does your bunny have an ear problem?

Back