• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new chipmunk Aviary

unalakey

Mama Doe
This is my new Chipmunk Aviary, not quite ready yet but will be soon, need to add some more bits, shelves and nesting boxes then it will be ready for my new chipmunks. I am so excited:D
IMGP0980.jpg

IMGP0990.jpg

awww thats lovely :D:D:D

have you considered putting a layer of mesh on the outside too? i read a few years ago on my quest for chippie info that someone had learned the hard way about cats killing chippies when the aviary was only single mesh lined :cry::cry::cry::cry:

awww thats lovely :D:D:D

have you considered putting a layer of mesh on the outside too? i read a few years ago on my quest for chippie info that someone had learned the hard way about cats killing chippies when the aviary was only single mesh lined :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Aww thats sad, yes i have doubled meshed it well nearly . On the first photo you can see the joint where it s half done .It is meshed all in side also so they cant eat the wood and escape . I can wait for the chppys to come and test it out.

will they be your first chippies? they are amazing to watch and soooooooooooo fast.. youll be hooked forever :love::love::love::love:

are you having the rescues from kayj? i cant wait to see pics of them all moved into their new home, and itll be nice to have a fellow RUer sharing my chippie love :D:D

will they be your first chippies? they are amazing to watch and soooooooooooo fast.. youll be hooked forever :love::love::love::love:

are you having the rescues from kayj? i cant wait to see pics of them all moved into their new home, and itll be nice to have a fellow RUer sharing my chippie love :D:D

Yes, they will be my first chippies , i have wanted some for ages. I have been reading lots of info and joined a chippy forum. Yes they are coming from Kayj, daddy is being neutered and his sons.

Ooo I saw Kay's chipy family :love::love: never even seen a Chipmunk before I don't think and there gorgeous! Far too fast for me to handle I think :lol:

They are all really tame. I can't wait to see the piccies of them all. Poor Una goes on holiday and drops of her rabbit with me for boarding and she goes home with an extra rabbit (I bonded Charlie witha girlie) and she get 7 chippies also. Can't wait for her to go away again;):lol::lol::lol::lol:
I went and got the rest on Monday which was 1 male and 2 females (females are poss pregnant:roll:.

They are all really tame. I can't wait to see the piccies of them all. Poor Una goes on holiday and drops of her rabbit with me for boarding and she goes home with an extra rabbit (I bonded Charlie witha girlie) and she get 7 chippies also. Can't wait for her to go away again;):lol::lol::lol::lol:
I went and got the rest on Monday which was 1 male and 2 females (females are poss pregnant:roll:.

:lol::lol: Just seen this post. Will post piccy's of the Chippies asap, they are great. So tame, i just sit in the aviary and they climb all over me. Kayj as done an amazing job with them as i know the original owner had to handle them with leather gloves as he said they bit:? They have never bitten and are so friendly and chilled, mum and dad chipmunk just go to bed and leave me with the babies, they think im the babysitter:lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Just seen this post. Will post piccy's of the Chippies asap, they are great. So tame, i just sit in the aviary and they climb all over me. Kayj as done an amazing job with them as i know the original owner had to handle them with leather gloves as he said they bit:? They have never bitten and are so friendly and chilled, mum and dad chipmunk just go to bed and leave me with the babies, they think im the babysitter:lol::lol:

Awwwww, Tell Ian to get another Aviary ready for this lot I have here:lol::lol:

This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but when they are outside how do you hanble them without them zipping off and getting lost?

Hi, i dont let them out of the aviary:shock: I think if they got out i wouldnt stand a chance of finding them, I just go and sit in with them and they crawl on me, soon i will be adding an extension onto the shed/aviary that will be all mesh. They come and sit on my hands, i dont make a grab for them and they are quite easy to entice into things i.e carrier box. I have been practising with daddy chipmunk as he is off to the vets Tuesday for his neuter.

When they were at mine it was really wierd as Daddy Chipmonk decided to escape when i was cleaning him out (he was in the garage with all the rabbits). He went and had a nosey in all the rabbit runs and then he came back to me (I was so shocked as i was panicing like mad when he got out, I even phoned David at work to tell him to come home and help me catch him:lol::lol:)

How do you manage to get in and out without losing them? :lol:

I just wait until they are all quiet, early evening is best. They are usually in their nesting boxes then. I go in and have a tidy up and refill food etc. This usually intrigues them and they come out to play. Then when i have finished playing i put thier food out and they all go eat, this is when i make my exit. I have to check my pockets first and make sure that i have none on my head:lol: My hubby is going to make a safety porch With mesh) that i step into first before i open the door then at least if they get out they will only be in the porch. All good fun:D

Back