• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Hutches?

DIMENSIONS:

Length: 1676mm (66 or 5.5ft)

Width: 756mm (30 or 2.5ft)

Height: 1026m (40.5 or 3.5ft)

If these are the dimensions for the whole thing then I dread to think how tiny the covered part is.

Too small in my opinion.

DIMENSIONS:

Length: 1676mm (66 or 5.5ft)

Width: 756mm (30 or 2.5ft)

Height: 1026m (40.5 or 3.5ft)

If these are the dimensions for the whole thing then I dread to think how tiny the covered part is.

Too small in my opinion.

:oops: I didn't read the info, just looked at the pretty pictures. There's the bit hanging off the back of the enclosed bit that I don't think is included in the measurements, and seems to souble the floor space of the indoor space?

I'm not 100% with the measurements, like you said, does that include the part that is sticking out of the back. Also the height says 3.5ft but looks much taller then that, so is that just the size of the bedding area?

I'm also pretty sure I've seen one of these in a pet shop and the measurements that are on the website indicate that the part I'm guessing are somewhat bigger then what's on the website. But if anyone has any suggestion on an alternative please post on here.

it looks bigger than it says to me too... i suppose you could email them and get them confirm one way or another

i think its lovely :love::love::love:

Just to add...I did a homecheck on someone with one of these, Kris got her to board up the bottom half, so it is more like a big hutch as the sleeping area is small. We passed her as they did have free range of the garden all day, she works from home, but I wouldn't recommend one if you had not already bought it. The ramp is also quite steep and narrow.

A 6ft hutch with attached run or a shed/run is a better option in my opinion

I really wanted something that is 6ft wide, with a large run. But just cannot find anything like that.. With the chicken coop, I could get a larger run for some outside time. At the moment he is a house bun, I've just started work, full time. So I am not going to be at home often as I like to spend time with him. At least this way I can spend time with him in the garden before or after work and then not worry about having to put him back to bed when I go to work :(

I feel so bad, because I am going to have less time with him. Not as much as I use to spend with him. I just want to get him the best, so he is as happy as he is now. And I am going to get him a lady friend also.

I'm not 100% with the measurements, like you said, does that include the part that is sticking out of the back. Also the height says 3.5ft but looks much taller then that, so is that just the size of the bedding area?

I'm also pretty sure I've seen one of these in a pet shop and the measurements that are on the website indicate that the part I'm guessing are somewhat bigger then what's on the website. But if anyone has any suggestion on an alternative please post on here.

They look alot bigger than they are. I am sure i've seen some stood next to wheelie bins and they were about the samish height if that helps. Ill try find the pics :D

Just to add...I did a homecheck on someone with one of these, Kris got her to board up the bottom half, so it is more like a big hutch as the sleeping area is small. We passed her as they did have free range of the garden all day, she works from home, but I wouldn't recommend one if you had not already bought it. The ramp is also quite steep and narrow.

A 6ft hutch with attached run or a shed/run is a better option in my opinion

I've not been able to find 6ft hutch with attached run.. They all seem to be 4ft :( Just want him to have as much space as possible, he spends all day in a 3m x 3m room :(

Back