• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ear Lopping...

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Right i am going to sound like a loser :lol: (nobody say it!) but..Dominos ear keeps lopping... (he has one up and one down for those who dont know, he has a uppy eared and lopped parent so hes 50/50)

It happens everyday and then it goes up again, but today it was lopped all morning until i went to take pictures of him. And yesterday when i went to the hutch it was lopped.

would it be abnormal for him to become a 'proper lop' at over two years old?

i reeeeeally dont want this to happen and keep flipping it back up:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: How weird would that be, a fully Loppy Domino :shock: :shock:

he looks SO stupid. im not even kidding. like, his head, is jelly shaped. he doesnt have a lop head.so when his ears lop he looks like a doofus. my mum thinks its good because he would look 'normal'.

if it lops im going to put a splint on it so it stays up

JOKING
hahaha

Hmmmm I think it could lop.
My Hazel used to be very helicopter or one up one down and then, seemed to coincide with his bonding to Tammy, he is pretty much lop all the time now.
Yet when he lived alone indorrs (and he did for about a year and a half he was half and half!)
Very odd.
I sometimes wonder now if he's more chilled out and happy now with his lady wife that both ears flop! :lol:
Though that doesnt figure with Domino so maybe it is an age thing?! :?

My Bella-bunny has a lop-eared mother, who she is bonded with... When we adopted them both, Bella's ears were starting to lop, too. One was always lopped, the other sort of at half-mast. :lol: Our other pair of bunnies are both uppity eared, and it was almost like Bella saw them, decided she'd be like that too, and her ears went uppity. When she is very tired or stressed (like at the vets), she'll let one ear lop entirely and the other half fall, like she doesn't have the energy or the will to hold them up. :) She looks hilarious. She DOES have a lop head/face, and rather round, lop like ears... so for them to be upright looks peculiar.

Rabbits send more blood to their ears when the weather is hot to cool them down, it makes their ears heavier :)

Sudden lopping can also be a sign of an ear problem eg mites so get a vet to check if you are at all worried.

Charlie was uppy eared, then lopped, and now they're up again :roll: but occasionaly go down! He's weird

Rabbits send more blood to their ears when the weather is hot to cool them down, it makes their ears heavier :)

Sudden lopping can also be a sign of an ear problem eg mites so get a vet to check if you are at all worried.

i asked when he had his vaccines but she said it was fine, and said the ear lops really easily so its likely it will happen properly. Funnily enough, itsonly happened int he past few weeks mum said (cus ive only been home 8 days)

i bet its the weather! haha how funny, a new 'do for summer!:lol:

My Splodge is a helicopter bun but can often be seen as a lop during hot weather or when passing under low spaces :lol:

I have an uppy eared rabbit who had a lop eared parent and a helicopter ear parent. But strangely his ears stick up :?

Alhough when he crawls under something, instead of laying his ears backwards, he puts them sideways and this is the only time he looks like a lop.

Back