• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet confirmed myxi...

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Spice was pts on Sunday & spoke to vets who confirmed myxi.

Snap showed no symptoms, & I didn't have a PM done on her (vet looked her over, but it was several hours after she died)

Joey has 2 abscesses, one is healing, the other is an open wound, & he is booked in to have an op to remove infected tissue - but vet doesn't think this is myxi:D I will find out early next week. He's on metacam & baytril & eating all the honey.

I never posted this cos it was over within hours, but last week 3 of my buns (Flint, Polly & Alfie) were very quiet one evening (at feed time - not like them) - which I assumed was the heat, & they recovered soon enough, & Suki had a manky eye. She had a vets appointment but was better the next day, & as she had been outside all day in the run, I just thought something might have blown in it:?

ANYWAY - all my buns bar Joey remain well - so I do not know WHAT has been going on here recently:evil: Pop was my only unvaccinated rabbit - he was vaccs Sunday, & so far is well (& miles away from all other rabbits)

Awwa Angie, I am sorry the vet has confirmed Myx:cry:i but at least you now know. It looks like all your other bunnies are ok sdo at least that is good news:D.

It's good you've got some answers... I lost 3 buns within a short space of time a while back and it does knock you back :(
I'm glad they're all doing well... healing vibes for Joey.

What a worry, I know how you must have felt waiting. We lost a cat to FIV last year and had to wait for results after the rest were tested, it was awful.
Anyway, glad all are well and this seems to be an odd blip, although tragic that you have lost a bun through it.

I'm so sorry you've had this..losing bunnies close together is so hard
Will keep fingers frimly crossed that the others stay well xx

Back