• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else

Dylans_Mam

Warren Scout
ever worry about how much they love their pets? I don’t know why I do this, but some when im thinking about Dylan or playing with him my imagination goes wild and I get upset at the thought of something happening to him, I can’t imagine how I would cope without him. I have always worried about my cats too. Am I just nuts or do other people have these kind of thoughts to? :lol:

I do.

I am VERY paranoid that something is going to happen to them even though I work my butt off to try and make sure it doesn't.

They are my life and, if I allow myself to think about things like that, I get very upset! :(

What are we like eh?! :lol:

I do.

I am VERY paranoid that something is going to happen to them even though I work my butt off to try and make sure it doesn't.

They are my life and, if I allow myself to think about things like that, I get very upset! :(

What are we like eh?! :lol:

Im pleased im not the only one :lol:,

Its ok all our animals have had the "talk" :lol:

Their contract states they can't leave us in any way. They don't have any choice but to be with us forever hehe:lol:

Im at work, and currently a bag of nerves to the point im shaking - waiting for the vet to call to say if Lous toe is broken or dislocated. I wish he would hurry up! :cry:

I get like that waiting for the call or knowing that I can't ring until a certain time to find out how they are.

The rabbits are just like another member of my family

yes i always think stuff like that when i'm falling asleep! :-s not a good time to think about stuff lol. i figure it's probably like having kids!

Constantly! Whenever i read about something sad on here, it makes me go and give Amber a cuddle and chat to her about what i've read. She just looks at me like i'm a mad woman and just munches her hay:oops::)

i dont worry so much as life without my pets, i know they will almost certainly die before me and i also know i get over the loss of a loved one..

i worry about finding them dead tho and with the rabbits how the one left behind would feel as they have such a solid bond now.

im a replacer tho, as long as i have an animal to fill the hole left in my heart after a death im happy enough :D

Constantly! Whenever i read about something sad on here, it makes me go and give Amber a cuddle and chat to her about what i've read. She just looks at me like i'm a mad woman and just munches her hay:oops::)

Thats exactly what i do :lol:. If Dylan only knew how much he causes mammy to worry, hehe. The only thing Dylan worries about is what treat he will get when mammy gets in from work. :love:

The amount of times this forum has had me in tears!:oops::(

Youre right, our buns don't worry about anything do they, except when their next Ferungreek cruchie will appear!

'oooh, i haven't seen her do that before *worry*'she usually eats more than that'*worry*' she's usually waiting for me at 7.03 precisely' (she's having a poo)*worry*'what's she doing that for'?*worry*why's she sat like that for?'*worry*:lol:

i dont worry so much as life without my pets, i know they will almost certainly die before me and i also know i get over the loss of a loved one..

i worry about finding them dead tho and with the rabbits how the one left behind would feel as they have such a solid bond now.

im a replacer tho, as long as i have an animal to fill the hole left in my heart after a death im happy enough :D

I don't know if i will be able to get another pet when.....:cry:
It took me 12 years of constant nagging and crying to get my first cat, my mam and dad had lost 2 cats when they were first married and did not want to go through all that upset again. They eventually took me to a rescue to get Murphy, that was 14 years ago now, im hoping he has many long years left yet. I now understand why they were so reluctant to get me a pet, i feel bad for all my nagging now :roll:. They new how attached i would get and were trying to protect me, oops.

The amount of times this forum has had me in tears!:oops::(

Youre right, our buns don't worry about anything do they, except when their next Ferungreek cruchie will appear!

'oooh, i haven't seen her do that before *worry*'she usually eats more than that'*worry*' she's usually waiting for me at 7.03 precisely' (she's having a poo)*worry*'what's she doing that for'?*worry*why's she sat like that for?'*worry*:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:, that is me, i drive my OH nuts. He is now worried about what i will be like when we have children hehe.

I do! Every time I leave the house! :oops: I missed a class once because of it..I was waiting for the bus when all of sudden I couldn't remember whether or not I had turned the radio off. I always turn the radio off before I leave because I'm paranoid about electronic stuff being turned on when nobody's there and causing fires etc. :oops: I ended up going back home just to check..:oops:

I know it will happen 1 day, but I'll be lost without Thumper. The house is so empty - a "presence" missing when he's in hospital. Try not to think about it, & let him teach me not to spoil the present by worrying about the future. Hard lesson for me! I've also a great soft spot for Dylan (Can I be a Dylan fan?).

I don't know if i will be able to get another pet when.....:cry:
It took me 12 years of constant nagging and crying to get my first cat, my mam and dad had lost 2 cats when they were first married and did not want to go through all that upset again. They eventually took me to a rescue to get Murphy, that was 14 years ago now, im hoping he has many long years left yet. I now understand why they were so reluctant to get me a pet, i feel bad for all my nagging now :roll:. They new how attached i would get and were trying to protect me, oops.

you will hun, the house is too empty without a pet... probably take you longer than it would take me but ive had a lot of experience of family death with my dad, my nan, the bloke who should of been my stepdad :(, my cat, moms dog and her cat etc.... i know it dont hurt forever, just part of life and cant be stopped so no point worrying over it... you do learn to treasure people/pets while they are here tho when you've got death constantly hanging around the family :shock:

Back