• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training question....

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Hi all

I've got a 10week old netherland dwarf and he seems to have the weeing part of litter training sorted but he still poo's everywhere! I move all his poo into his litter tray but he still does it where he pleases lol. Am I doing something wrong?

Some buns will leave poos around as a way of marking territory - I agree neutering should help.

I got my mini-lop when he was 10 weeks, and the litter training issue was a big one for a while! He eventually learned to pee in the right place, but once puberty kicked in he decided that he would, in fact, like to pee wherever he pleased - and did. Often. He had always pooed all over the place, possibly as a wee territory thing, but after i got him neutered he was completely different. He now pees and poos only in his tray, and this has to be in his cage (if i leave the tray out for him he'll jump back in the cage and wait for the tray...).
Unfortunately, any pooing problems may not be easily controlled until he is neutered. But at least he's not peeing everywhere! Small mercies...

Back