• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mini lop - dwarf food?

winnies angel

Mama Doe
A girl has a mini lop 18 weeks old shes fedding it on excell dwarf juniour pellets. Would she keep him on this food or move him up to adult food?
Her vet says he wasn't to sure for best as the baby food is higher in fat content but with him being a mini lop would he come under dwarf?
I'm not too sure can anyone help?

All of my rabbits, from lionhead to giants, are on the same food. Personally I would probably just go to adult rather than keep on junior.

Vera

With him being a mini lop, then yes technically he is a dwarf breed. :) However, I changed both my mini lops onto the regular adult feed at around 6 mths of age.

Both of my mini lops have been on the same food that they were on since born,regular adult food.
I did not want to upset their stomachs by changing them onto something new.:D

I pick up my pair of mini lops next weekend. The breeder has them on Rabbit Royale but I will be weaning them off that and onto science selective adult as I do not want to stress them out more than necessary by changing their food over and over again from junior to adult.

Back