• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help

polly123

New Kit
ok so Honey has been in the house since Monday and today she was binkying around the room(which is good)
The problem is LITTER TRAINING. She has been spayed.
It started of ok with just a few currents here and there but today its everywhere even little wet spots.
I have got litter trays with paper and hay in scattered around but she just ignores them apart from to eat the hay and run of (im sure laughing at me:lol:)
Any suggestions please i don,t want my o/h to get annoyed and make me put her back in prison i mean her outside hutch;)

If you are wanting her as a house bun you have to start her off again. Keep her locked in her hutch with potty so she knows where to go and then gradually build up a little bit of room each day. So perhaps she can explore behing the sofa one day etc or limit time so that when shes out she plays then pop her away for wee untill she knows exactly where she needs to go.
If you catch her pooping/weeing then just say no pick her up and place in potty saying potty. Dont confuse her with talking loads just simple words. If she goes to potty say goodgirl otty and giuve sweetie (raisons were our fav) for more tips see www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com
Patience is the only thing you need!

then thats your problem:D She hasnt had time for her hormones to settle down and every female is different it could take weeks to months for her hormones to settle:)

Give her a little while yet and she will soon learn:)

Back