PDA

View Full Version : Hutch housing.... help please...!

PrincessPinky
11-06-2009, 04:17 PM
My bunnies have the Lavender Lodge p&h hutch. I use wood shavings in the hutch and in the litter tray and they have hay in there bed to sleep on and around the hutch. I tried using newspaper and all they do is rip it up and eat it. I keep seeing on RU that people use lino. Where do you get it from? Do you just put it in the hutch what do you use on top of the lino? :oops: IDEAS needed please!!

Rhian33
11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I got sticky back lino tiles from poundland. Cost me 4 to do my 6ft x 3ft shed. I put newspaper on top of that and now it's summer I cover that with a towel. They rip the paper a bit sometimes but mainly when it's been raining and they've been in lots so basically when they have nothing better to do. Could it be that they're not getting enough exercise? You could try giving them a cardboard box. They will like to hide inside that and ripping up cardboard is much more satisfying than newspaper apparently.

Amy104
12-06-2009, 08:51 AM
I got some lino from carpetright and cut it to size.

In winter I use newspaper over it but in summer just leave it as it is - makes it really easy to give it a brush a wipe over every day.

My bunnies doen't really tear up the newspaper unless they are attention seeking or bored. Maybe yours need a bit more mental stimulation. Mine love toilet rolls filled with hay - very cheap but keeps them entertained for hours.