• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hollys been spayed, not eating been addmitted/she is home

jenny s

Mama Doe
Holly is going in to be spayed tomorrow morning, so loads of vibes needed please.

the vets are going to have a shock when they see the size of her:lol:

must get some more pics for you all soon

Last edited:
Aww bless her. I thought she was already done for some reason, are they bonded yet :love: Look foward to new piccys :D :D xXx

thanks guys

no becky she hasnt been done lol it was thumper that was done back in january as he was the easiest at the time so the vets said, they have been bonded ages but as holly was always humping poor thumper and i came in to abit of money its now hollys turn lol

just had a call from the vets and she is waking up fine bless her, pick her up at 4.50, cant wait

thumper has been sulking all day

i am so pleased my concerns now are keeping her qiuet lol

when i get her home i will leave her in the dog cage but any ideas how long it will be before she can go back outside??

thumper is missing her so much:love:

I wouldbring Thumper in if possible. The reason i say this... is she really needs to be inside for around 48 hours :? This is a long time for her not to be with Thumper :(

Im glad shes ok though :D :love: xXx

just got home from work and am not sure is is ok now:cry:

she is breathing quite fast and seems verry snuffley she is not relaxed at all and hasnt eaten anything or pood since she came home at 5pm

hubby has been keeping an eye on her whilst i was at work any ideas what i should do

my rabbit came home this evening too from his neutering op, he's not eaten or pooed yet either but i remember the last time he had GA he didnt really eat til the next morning (or could have been during the night) so i'm trying not to worry. it may be the same with your little one. i think it just makes them groggy.
the vet said if he doesnt eat soon to feed him baby food through a syringe.
x

thanks

its all new to me as when thumper went in he was fully recovered and pooing/eating as soon as we got home, i just thought that would be the same with holly.

i will sleep downstairs with her to night just to be sure

just got home from work and am not sure is is ok now:cry:

she is breathing quite fast and seems verry snuffley she is not relaxed at all and hasnt eaten anything or pood since she came home at 5pm

hubby has been keeping an eye on her whilst i was at work any ideas what i should do

Give her a bowl of water to drink from if you havent already, this is better than a bottle after the op :)

As for the eating/pooing i would leave her until the morning, if theres still nothing then contact the vets :) Pick some dandelion leaves and grass if you can for her.

Shes probably feeling really sore :( Poor girly. Its such a big op compared to a male neuter. Im sure she will be feeling a little better in the morning. Do let us know how she is :love: xXx

awwwww hun try not to panic too soon.. sending loads of vibes, hope she feels more comfortable tomorrow xxxx

well this mornig there are still no poo's and she hasnt eaten much only a few pellets.

her breathing is alot quieter and she seems better in her self just not eating.

any ideas what i should do?

well this mornig there are still no poo's and she hasnt eaten much only a few pellets.

her breathing is alot quieter and she seems better in her self just not eating.

any ideas what i should do?

I would call your Vet for advice.
IMO she should have more pain relief and maybe some fluid therapy.
Some Ranitidine (Zantac) may also be useful. Aswell as being an anti GI Ulcer med it also increases the rate of gastric emptying. But in my experience it does not cause gripey tummy pains as can sometimes occur with Metoclopromide (another gut motility med). Hopefully with analgesia she will start to eat more and you wont have to resort to syringe feeds which will only add to her stress (and yours!!)

Good luck

Back