• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weighing rabbits

marleyandme

Mama Doe
I want to start weighing my rabbits weekly so am looking for some scales to weigh them on.

Can anybody recommend some? All the ones that I have found that are sensitive enough to detect weight changes seem very expensive

Happy bidding. :D They play music too - my set play something Christmassy, but I can't remember exactly what now. :? :lol: My youngest dd always makes sure the music is on when I weigh the bunnies. :roll:

I use electric kitchen scales, but my buns are only 2kg so they sit in a small litter tray on top of the scales for a couple seconds :)

I bought baby scales off Ebay too, although I paid around £25 for mine. But they're excellent - well worth buying.

Unless you have big rabbits (over 5kg) kitchen scales are fine. It can be difficult to read the weight though if you have a carrier sat on top so look for ones with the display on the side or with a seperate bit attached for the display designed for you to hang on the wall.

Back