• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bread

bridget

Alpha Buck
Help!

I need to know if it is okay to feed rabbits bread. Whilst we were on holiday someone looked after our bunnies and fed them brown bread. Now I am worried about my little babies :cry:

i give my pair brown bread when i have to get drugs into them... no ill effects so far :D

I have visions of bunnies on cocaine. :shock::lol::lol::lol:

A little bit every now and then doesn't hurt, and as Donna said can be useful for giving medicine. :) White bread is a no no.

I have visions of bunnies on cocaine. :shock::lol::lol::lol:

A little bit every now and then doesn't hurt, and as Donna said can be useful for giving medicine. :) White bread is a no no.

shuuuushhhhh Alvin would kill me if people found out hes a dealer, poor Pearl is an addict now :cry::cry:

Buns can get addicted to bread so just a little bit as a treat is best if feeding it. White can be fed, but it's nutritional values are not so great, so much better to feed granary or brown.

Years back when i lived in the middle of nowhere, the odd time id run out of dried food and had no way of getting any, id have give mine some brown bread to tide them over, they all lived to good healthy old ages and never had any health problems :)

Charlie only likes seeded bread so i give her half a toasted slice once in a while, it seems to settle her as shes always busy and hyper ;)

it is annoying when people don't follow your feeding instructions.

A slice a day in my opinion is too much, but if they seem healthy and active then no harm done, just make sure they don't do it again.

Clare x

Back