• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Lydia's Sore Hocks-Updated 11th August 2009-Post 53

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
After months and months of treatment with various meds I really was beginning to despair about poor Lyds hocks :cry:
Nothing was helping, the skin has been ulcerating and bleeding profusely. She has been in pain and has lost lots of weight :cry:

However, over the last few days I think I have finally found something that is helping with ulcer healing and we have had no bleeds for 3 days. Believe it or not the thing that appears to be helping is this

http://www.thechemist.co.uk/p-22388-savlon-advanced-healing-gel-50g.aspx

along with constant dressings and cleaning of the hocks with Colloidal Silver.
She remains on daily Metacam.

Now although her hocks are still bad a few days ago they were more ulcerated and bleeding

007-13.jpg

after dressing
008-14.jpg

I thought she had broken a toe on her front foot last week but it appears to have been bruised and is now much better. So with lots of thick hock dressings Lydia can go out in the garden again. She was so depressed being confined indoors :cry:

006-18.jpg

003-20.jpg

002-19.jpg

001-12.jpg

and one more after a hock dressing change....that uncontrolable ear !!
007-12.jpg

Last edited:
003-20.jpg

is all that metcam making her a bit.....wonky?! :lol::lol:
glad to hear its finally working. that gel stuff is amazing ay?

Aw, that ear :love: My parents have got a cat who the end of her tail is a completely different colour than the rest of her, we swear it belongs to someone else, because it acts completey independently from the rest of her tail!

I do love your rabbits they really are stunning and I'm so glad you have found something that seems to be working for her on her hocks. :)

I'm so glad that Lady Lydia is feeling better due to a gel that has been tested on...humans. :D She is such a brave bunny, that can't be kept confined.

Captain Carrot says: Oi! Lady Lyd yoo betta keep dem tootsies safe cos ovverwise you can't feeve foodses. Me 'ooman says she sends you vibses. I'd eat 'em quick if I was you beforr Sir Victor steels 'em.

'Ang on in there mate

Yore pal

Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot says: Oi! Lady Lyd yoo betta keep dem tootsies safe cos ovverwise you can't feeve foodses. Me 'ooman says she sends you vibses. I'd eat 'em quick if I was you beforr Sir Victor steels 'em.

'Ang on in there mate

Yore pal

Captain Carrot

*Posh sloany voice*

Oh I say how utterly delightful to hear from you Captain Carrot :love:

I must say these sore hocks are quite frightful. One really does not enjoy having bandages put on every day.

I do hope that you will soon be well. It is Wimbledon Fortnight soon and one cant miss this highlight of 'the season'.

with great affection

Lady Lydia of Lopsley

xx

Im so glad that you have found something to help beautiful Lady lydia.maybe some one crafty on here could make her some boots from sheepskin to wear to protect her little tootsies

Back