• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the best place to buy rabbits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but what about rabbit shops in the uk? Do you know any that sell a large selection of high quality rabbits?

Your best to look at Rescues, there are so many unwated rabbits, also your more likely to get one that has already been neutered - saving you the cost.

there is no such thing as high quality rabbit. You are talking about breeder's rabbit. There is usually a lack of genetic diversification. My bridge bun Goofball, who's a breeder's rabbit, passed away w/ numerous health problems, including having bone cancer at age just less than 2. Why not go to the local rescue center and get a rescue rabbit? You save a life that way.

If you buy rabbit, you are encouraging those breeder to breed more bun as a supply. This is the condition that these rescue animals lives in

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

So when you buy a bun, you are doing this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTb5nY-3Dfo

Hello there!

Welcome to a new person :wave:. Nearly everyone on this forum is very much against the sale of rabbits as we are all interested in the well-being of rabbits for their own sake.

The best place to get rabbits is from a rescue centre. If you need advice about caring for rabbits please ask.

Emma

do you know of any other good rabbit rescue centers? Do rabbit centers generally provide rabbits that are in good health?

You can find all the information you want on the link that was posted earlier. Sit and have a read through it and you should find out all you need to know about owning rabbits and where there will be some in your area.

Are there any other good rabbit rescue centers other than rabbitrehome that provide a large selection of rabbits?

do you know of any other good rabbit rescue centers? Do rabbit centers generally provide rabbits that are in good health?

No rescue would knowingly rehome an unhealthy Rabbit unless the person who is adopting it is aware of it's problems (i.e. a bunny with dental problems)

Welcome to the forum...you will find the answers to many questions you may have here so please ask :)

Take your time and please consider rescue bunnies.

Thanks, but what about rabbit shops in the uk? Do you know any that sell a large selection of high quality rabbits?
"large selection" and "high quality" don't go together. Any reputable breeder will NOT have a large selection, but high quality... anyone with a large selection of rabbits, don't have high quality!

I would also suggest a rescue organisation! Most rescues have lots of different bunnies of all ages that are desperate for a good home.

May I ask why it is so important that there is a "large selection" of rabbits? (Sorry, but the way you put it, it sounds a bit like buying sweets from a shop with a large selection of sweets...). The best thing is to find a local rescue organisation (all the rabbits in rabbit rehome are from rescue organisations, so if you type in your area, then rabbits from your local rescue organisation will pop up together with contact details) and have a look there! There are so many different types of rabbits in rescue that you are bound to find one or two that you and your daughter will fall in love with.

Vera

Last edited:
Im looking to buy rabbits for my kids. Where can I find the biggest selection of rabbits in the uk?

I'm sorry but you sound like you're talking about rabbits as some kind of manufactured product:? they are living things and lots need homes in rescues.

I'm sorry but you sound like you're talking about rabbits as some kind of manufactured product:? they are living things and lots need homes in rescues.

Sounds a bit odd to me :?

Use the link on here to research rescues if you are indeed actually intending on getting rabbits.

Im looking to buy rabbits for my kids. Where can I find the biggest selection of rabbits in the uk?

Hi and welcome :wave:

Can I please ask as to what you are looking for? you are talking about a large selection of rabbits and high quality. I can fully understand you not wanting to get a 'sick' rabbit but you can never tell what will happen in a day's/weeks/months time. You could buy the 'best quality' rabbit there is and there is no guarentee that it might not get sick.

My other concern about your post, is the 'large selection' bit. Is this just to have a look at the different breeds or are you thinking of buying more than one rabbit? Rabbits do need company (either lots and lots of human contact or another rabbit to live with) however you have to be careful if you are planning to buy more than one esp from a pet shop (the 'rumour' that rabbit mutiply quickly is very true!).

The other factor that you really have to think about is money. I never knew how much a rabbit cost to look after. There is a mixi jab, twice a year, which is approx £20 each and a VHD jab again around £20. If you get a female they cost around £60 - £100 to have spayed and around £50 for a boy to be neutered. That is without the hutch/run which can cost a fair bit too (for example I have spent about £200 on shed and then more money to adapt it!) and all this is along the 'normal' cost of food, hay, toys & treats.

No-one here is saying that you shouldn't have a rabbit (or two) but we do ask that you understand fully what you are taking on before you commit. Alot of the people on here have taken on rabbits that have not been looked after and were in a terrible state. I do think people underestimate how much a rabbit takes to look after. If you do continue to want a rabbit then please, please, please consider a rescue.

I am unable to view the links of the rabbit rescue centers you provided me. Is it possible to type the addresses of the recue centers without displaying them as a link to a website? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back