• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Should I do? Buns for Sale

huppie

Mama Doe
Hi all

Someone at work has put a sign up on the noticeboard 'Baby rabbits looking for homes E5'.

I have taken the notice down and have it with me. There is only a mobile number and no email address, name or other contact details.

Do I ring them up and give them the number of a local rescue centre hoping for the best?

Do I offer to take them for free and find a rescue centre that has space for them (there are four in the photo)?

Do I find a rescue centre that has space first and then offer to take the rabbits for free?

Do I pay for them and run the risk that they will breed from them again for the money?

The rabbit in the photo looks like she might be somekind of giant cross - the baby rabbits already look about 2k but it is hard to tell. I am not great with giant breeds so can't be sure.

Thanks

Emma

I think first its best to speak to the person and find out their situation before you decide what to do....i mean if its a breeder then you taking them wont change anything, but if its someone who is stuck then they might welcome your help.

I suspect it is an accidental litter. I work at a school for international students and I dealt with a similar thing last week. That one was easy though because the lady was advertising them as 'free to a good home' (they are with a no-kill rescue now). Money is a whole other ball-game.

I'll phone and let you know how it goes.

My work colleagues think I am mental :roll:

Emma

Back