• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did anyone watch Springwatch tonight

No, but my parents were away in Grassington in Yorkshire at Easter, and they sent me a pic of a black baby bunny, gambling about with the other wildies. Very strange.

We've had black rabbits in fields around here. I had always assumed they were escapees. Perhaps they aren't. :? My mum was coming home the other day and said their were a lot of rabbits on the side of the road but they didn't look like wild rabbits.

And it a had a little white mark above its nose one thinks it was a cross domestic ;) maybe. We have 'black' bunnies around here but not that brillant charcoal black that baby was.

There have been loads of black wild bunnies around for decades. They're wild buns but mutants. I was stunned to see a black squirrel in the wild about 8 years ago, though. Apparently there are more of them around now, especially in certain areas. They're coming in from Russia, apparently. Not sure if the one I saw was a Russian one or a mutant, as there aren't Russian colonies in that area.

I saw some black bunnies on an island in Denmark. And I think there were some in the programme about Skomer Island, too. It's quite common and can be explained by genetics.

I sometimes see a NZ white on the A64 on the way to Scarborough.

There was a thread about this a while back - I'm sure someone said that wildies could actually be any colour:?

My mum works at Arlington, next to the white rose shopping place in leeds. There used to be loads of wild rabbits there, black, brown, agouti and even whites!

Back