• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what would you do!

ilovemybuns

Alpha Buck
i have two babies left out of the litter,the rest have gone to good homes!
i was going to keep them but a friend of the family has asked if we have any left.(she wants two cute babies for her grandchildren to grow up with)
since i got my orignal 4 for the kids,i have always wanted a lop.
so two options.
1)let my friend have the remaining two and adopt two rescues
or
2) keep the babies!

what would you do?

Keep the babies. As the kids may get bored.

they are actually going to be living with grandma ,i know what you mean though because my kids talked us into getting buns and now i look after them all.also i have told all the people that have taken my babies if they cant look after them anymore i will take them back.
dee xx

It's how much do you want to keep the babies? I don't want to judge grandma too harshly, she may just be using the grandchildren as an excuse, & really want some buns of her own. Wonder how much she knows about them,& the input needed, how she plans to keep them, accommodation etc. is she willing to listen to advice? Probably about my age! :oops: It's a bit tricky with her being a friend of the family.

To answer the question, if I were completely satisfied they were going to a loving home where their needs were respected, I'd let them go, & get a rescue pair. But I've always enjoyed sharing my home with unwanted animals - they've all been great companions.

Id be tempted to keep the babies and send them in the direction of a rescue. Once the rescue have been out and home checked, they may realise that a bun or two would be too much work.

It's how much do you want to keep the babies? I don't want to judge grandma too harshly, she may just be using the grandchildren as an excuse, & really want some buns of her own. Wonder how much she knows about them,& the input needed, how she plans to keep them, accommodation etc. is she willing to listen to advice? Probably about my age! :oops: It's a bit tricky with her being a friend of the family.

To answer the question, if I were completely satisfied they were going to a loving home where their needs were respected, I'd let them go, & get a rescue pair. But I've always enjoyed sharing my home with unwanted animals - they've all been great companions.

she hasnt had bunnys before so its all very new to her,she lost her husbund not long back and i think they are realy to keep her company.she has been round to see my set-up and has asked my husband to build her the same.i have printed the advice/care sheets off for her to read.she wants young rabbits.i am happy to let her have them because she is a very nice lady and has promised me i can visit to see them whenever i want!

if you want two bunnies either way id deffo keep the babies :D:D

if you dont really want the extra buns let the grandma have them, they still get to stay together that way too :love::love::love:

Back