• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

leads

polly123

New Kit
ok this may have been asked before, but what are your thought on a bunny lead.

Also Honey has been a house rabbit for three days now, Luckily im off all week so I can keep an eye on her, but the thing is I have a cat flap do you think she will use it :roll:

I have a harness and lead for Charlie (havent used it yet) but I only intend on him having it on the first few times he goes into the garden before I can build him a pen.
I know some rabbits panic with them on, though

Kasper walks perfectly on harness and lead.But i usually just have a harness with a bell on him when i have him free ranging outside(supervised of course) Jsut in case he hides in a bush or blends in so i can hear and see him better.

Also i know other members buns have learned to use a cat flap

It depends on the bunny. Some bunnies love being on leads and others don't. It's it's done properly, it's not dangerous.

My Dylan is a house bunny and althought he doesn't like having his harness put on him, once it's on he's a happy little bunny and goes mental round my garden. My garden is too big to let my lot out free range, and it's not bunny proofed, but we've got a little veg garden for them. We put them on their leads and take them down to it, and watch them help themselves at tje bunny buffet :)

Ours used to have leads to graze on outside (with me holding onto the other end and following crazily behind where ever they took me :lol: ) They have runs now so havn't used ours since lol I wouldn't leave your bun on a lead without supervision or without you holding the end. i.e. I wouldn't tie the lead to something so that your bun can't use the catflap as it would more than likely tangle up and possibly hurt itself, panic and be a very stressful for the rabbit :(. But if you and happy to trail crazily around the garden while your rabbit bounces around everything possible to trip/catch/tangle you up like my buns did! then give it a go haha its fantastic exercise for humans if your bun doesn't mind the lead :D :lol::lol:

Back