• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update on Flynn (u/d pg 2 eating and pooing after dental)

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Flynn had a check up today, it has been just over 2 weeks since he became paralysed. The vet was impressed to see him hopping about again (Flynn ran away from my vet :roll: :lol:).

Each day he gets less and less wobbly, which is brilliant. Though he is not out of the woods, he is almost there and the future looks bright once again :D.

The next problem is he does need a dental :(. He has a nasty spur on his left side. The soonest appointment i could get is Friday 19th :shock:. So i am hoping because it is still in the early stages, he will be ok until then. I will keep him on pain relief. Obviously if he gets worse/goes off his food, then i will try and get vet to squeeze him in.

He is such a brave, tolerent little bunny :love:

Last edited:
w/ my bun Bernie, if it's just simply teeth sanding/trimming down, we put Bernie under a deep sedation, complete some part of the sanding. Then for the remaining of the operation, we put him under an "Ultra Short" GA, and finish off the rest.

the above procedure reduces the total time your bun is under a GA

P.S. I'm glad your bun is perking up. It took my bridge bun Goofball about 2 mth. to get used to hopping around w/ the leg removal too

Thank you both :D

Flynn is a regular dental bun and is usually fine with anaesthetics, but because he is already in a weakened state, i worry more :(. I will speak to my vet Happy Hopping and ask about deep sedation.

The same happened to my boy alan ec paralysed his legs for about 2weeks and now a few months later he is 100% fine and you can't even tell anything was wrong with him. Good luck with Flynn

Thank you all :)

Well, after a night of struggling to eat, we decided to bring him in for a dental today :(. We discussed his weakened state and understand the risks are higher. However, it really wasn't and option to leave him for a week, he is in obvious pain and would need lots of pain relief and syringe feeding. I just hope my special boy can get through this.

Oh Shaz i so hope he's ok. YOu are doing the best by him - as always.
Sending :love: and hugs to you and Flynn xxx

Thanks Nicki.

Well, Flynn has a small sput filed away and has had a bit of an ulcer on his tongue from it :(. He is currently resting, he has a heat pad coz he was cold. Not eating or pooing yet, but he had a drink.

He's some boy :lol:

Thanks Jane, Marley and Nicki

I am pleased to report Flynn is eating well :D.
He has also done one wee teeny poo aswell :D. Im pretty sure there will be more to follow shortly :lol:.

My brave boy, before he got ill

picsfrom030509130.jpg

Thank you both :D

He is in fine form today, eaten, drank, poo'd, pee'd :D and by the looks of his temporary cage, he has also had a party :lol:

Back