• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what have i let my self in for :/

deja224

Alpha Buck
:shock: we haave had two bunnys given to us both few weeks ago now have 4/5 babies each it may be 6 but we dont want to poke nest, got given a 'girl' baby bunny last week which is a boy, and we have our 6 bunnys, :shock: i only started with two and we have the two piggies,

we have some foster homes set up as we are getting married in 4 weeks, also ment to be going on honey moon not sure we can go now,

lucky we have the time ect for them any one else got the same set up? Now off to feed which will take a good hour :)

Are you ok sexing them & do you have room to separate baby boys from girls? Sorry if you can - just otherwise you cold get in a right old mess

I have a big group & several pairs. Bit of a juggle when I want to go away - gotta book petsitter to move in, but I love having lots of buns (not based on this week!)

im nr bath will ask vet to sex them. Yes we can move the girls and boys apart when the time comes takes 3 hours just to clean the pens:shock:

Oh dear! Were the couple still together when you discovered the babies? If so, I'm afraid you may have another shock on your hands in 4 weeks as rabbits mate again straight away after birth so the doe will most likely have another litter in four weeks time. Better you and your foster carer know this now as obviously it's not ideal to move them and the foster carer may end up with more than they bargained for! :shock:

no males where with them all female, 3 foster carers have let us down cuz they think the females may have another litter to top it all may have broke my wrist :cry:

no males where with them all female, 3 foster carers have let us down cuz they think the females may have another litter to top it all may have broke my wrist :cry:

Ouch, not a good week.

What's your set up? I have 3 rooms, & there are wooden partitions separating the sections. The floor is laminate, & I can empty & disinfect all litter trays, & sweep floor for 18 (now 16:cry:) buns in an hour. Although not with a broken wrist! If I have caged buns it does slow me down a bit

we have our spare rm with a mum and baby in it anoter 3 in the dinning room and the rest out side, just trying to find another run for them, most buns are in hutches or dog crates, the wrist is slowing me down, very buged off getting married in 4 weeks!

Back