• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Set up question?

My lot are in a 6x4 shed with shelving and constant access to 6x4 run plus a couple of hours free range time each day. i think sheds are easier with groups than hutches. Am at work at mo so pics sorry

i have a group of 4 in a shed with attached run. Will post piccies for you!
You could either a) bond your 2 groups of into a 4 or seperate the shed into two, then have a run either side or share accesss to one main run (not very practical imo)

well all my bunnies are in pairs apart from 2 who live singly....all have different set ups , 4 are free range in the house , one pair have a 6x2x2 hutch with 9ft (ish) diameter run, another pair have 6x3x2 two tier hutch with a 6x6 attached run, 2 are in a 6x6 shed with a hutch for night time within the shed the other pair have happy hutch 6x2x2 hutch run combo but also go on the grass in a seperate run.

lots of different things work I just go on the basis that I give as much room as possible really.

I split an 8x6 shed for two of my twos and they did have free range in the garden.:D

My pairs were in 6x2x2 hutches with 6' x 10' runs attached, I had them so one set up was behind the other but so they couldn't see each other otherwise Pig & Eeyore fight. They won't be having that anymore though, Piglet and Eeyore are inside all the time and Sophie and Otis will have an 8x6 shed with a 10' run.

093.jpg

It was just an idea as i hve a boy and have found another boy and am thinking of preparing for two girly buns

i dont want to start an argument here, but on other threads you have said you cant find a female - so when you have 2 boys where are you going to find two girls, one for each male? obv you can't split an existing pair!...

I have two lots of two. On pair have a double decker 4ft x 4ft x 2ft hutch with a permanent 6ft x 6ft x 3ft run. The other pair have a converted bike shed as their hutch which is a lot bigger and a permanent 6ft x 6ft x 6ft run. If you do go with two pairs put the hutches back to back so they can't see each other and so that they use the toilet area in the hutch otherwise you will find them going toilet up against the edge that is closest to the other buns to mark their territory.

actually I was told that my set up isnt big enough for two buns so was looking how to improve it - and if I do improve it to get another bun I may as well try and improve it as best I can?

Am i being shot down for wanting to improve my set up now and asking for advice!

You cant win on here sometimes !!:roll::roll:

Back