• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am very confused how Gizmo has hurt herself??

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
I put Gizmo back in her hutch last night - all fine. She lives on her own. The Hutch is safe, large and there is absolutly no way she could hurt herself in it thats for sure and nothing can climb in. This morning she has a large red/very sore bald patch on her body (behind her head) Not sure she would be able to do it herself or why she would even want to? I am very confused how this has happened to her?

Has she had any vaccinations/other injections recently (within the past couple of weeks?)

It may be a localised reaction to the various injections she would have had when being neutered. (sedative, GA, antibiotic, metaclop) I'd keep an eye on it and if it turns weepy then best to get a vet to look at it.

Yes it sound like it to me, it could still be a reaction from a vaccine, or if she was only neutered a few days ago, maybe from where an injection of painkiller/gut stimulant etc was given.

if it was VHD that often causes a scab or other reaction. Massaging the area a couple of times a day for 24 hours is supposed to help....

Back