• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

to bond or not to bond?

sunnibunny

Alpha Buck
Hi guys,
I know many people are pro-bonding, but my query is, my current bunny is alone and has always been alone. he is a happy bunny by himself. I am considering getting him a play mate, however, if one of them passes away, then the other is lonely and sad. Then i have caused emotional pain to the other bunny and will only get better when another bunny comes along. So should i still get another bunny, even though my bunny is happy so far by himself or should i risk him getting hurt emotionally?
Is it better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all for bunnies?

As on his own, he will never need to know the pain of a lost loved one?

Last edited:
Think about how you would feel if it was you. Would you rather be single all your life or would you rather experience love, even if your loved one dies before you?

Of course, there's always the trio option...or more...

I have a bonded pair that have always been with someone and they are really happy. I then have 2 single males and a single female.

My female was spayed recently and will be getting a friend in a few moths hopefully and so i bonded my 2 males who were happy on their own but with a friend they have never been happier :love:
They binky more, do more happy flops, groom each other and cuddle its an amazing sight :love: and they have only been together 3 days :)

I suggest getting a friend for your bunny

Oh theres nothing like a bonded pair, i had joey as a single bun for 6 months, so glad i got him a partner, they adore eachother, snuggle up, groom eachother and love running round together.

Back