• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mosquito repellants

luvabun

Warren Veteran
I was alarmed at the amount of mozzies in the garden yesterday :shock:

The heavy duty anti-bug candle was no help whatsoever.
I was using my new gadget and think I got around 30 - here's the link (neghbours must hink I'm barking, playing some sort of tennis without balls :lol:)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELECTRONIC-FL...66:2|39:1|72:1683|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Any other ideas please? Obviously buns are vaccinated but I've seen from other threads that's no guarantee :(

I was alarmed at the amount of mozzies in the garden yesterday :shock:

The heavy duty anti-bug candle was no help whatsoever.
I was using my new gadget and think I got around 30 - here's the link (neghbours must hink I'm barking, playing some sort of tennis without balls :lol:)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELECTRONIC-FL...66:2|39:1|72:1683|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Any other ideas please? Obviously buns are vaccinated but I've seen from other threads that's no guarantee :(

Do you have a lot of standing water in your garden Jill ?
Ponds and the like are a magnet to mozzies.
With the torrential rain we have had even large puddles will attract the little :censored:

Netting over hutches and runs may help aswell as flea treating the bunsters.

I am completely paranoid about Myxo now as vaccination is not any guarantee that our Buns are safe :cry:

No standing water at all Jane - I dug up the pond and the very thirsty bamboo immediately sucks up any rain water.

Ive just been looking at mossie traps /killers ...got bitten twice last night whilst asleep and 2 of my bunnies are in my room ....trouble is electric zappers are no good for hutches :(

Ive just been looking at mossie traps /killers ...got bitten twice last night whilst asleep and 2 of my bunnies are in my room ....trouble is electric zappers are no good for hutches :(
I've seen some battery powered sonic ones but am concerned that the buns ears would pick up on the noise they emit :(

I've seen some battery powered sonic ones but am concerned that the buns ears would pick up on the noise they emit :(

the ones im looking at are uv ones....theres actually a solar powered one but im dubious as to how much zapping power it would have once the charge has been used a bit if that makes sense.

the ones im looking at are uv ones....theres actually a solar powered one but im dubious as to how much zapping power it would have once the charge has been used a bit if that makes sense.
Solar powered wouldn't work in my hutch but would be interested to see what other ones you've come across :)

Hi, not sure if any help but we use a blue light fly killer here. It's powerful enough to catch mozzies and larger flies (but the bars restrict moths which is good as they're rather pretty!). It's totally non-toxic and very low voltage so if you have a power point near the hutch or where your buns sleep you can leave it on all night quite safely and just keep the cable out of the way. We hang ours up at the side of the hutch in our dining room and it catches everything with no disturbance to the buns and no chemicals. The light it emits isn't too bright either and hanging up beside the hutch they don't see it, and it barely lights the room at all. Definitely recommend them:)
http://www.cnmonline.co.uk/Insect-Killer-pr-35115.html One of these lantern variety.

Hi, not sure if any help but we use a blue light fly killer here. It's powerful enough to catch mozzies and larger flies (but the bars restrict moths which is good as they're rather pretty!). It's totally non-toxic and very low voltage so if you have a power point near the hutch or where your buns sleep you can leave it on all night quite safely and just keep the cable out of the way. We hang ours up at the side of the hutch in our dining room and it catches everything with no disturbance to the buns and no chemicals. The light it emits isn't too bright either and hanging up beside the hutch they don't see it, and it barely lights the room at all. Definitely recommend them:)
http://www.cnmonline.co.uk/Insect-Killer-pr-35115.html One of these lantern variety.

We have the same in Biscuit's room :wave:

Seem to have loads more flies in our new place

You and me both! I should be revising :oops:
p.s. i'm sure it's not really Barry's socks attracting the flies! Just the countryside for you, atleast you have your blue light fly killer, they're great :D

Get back to it mrs, I have half an hour then I can go home.

Barry told me yesterday that he was taking a rare evening off so we could spend some time together, but in reality he is watching footy and he wants me to make a roast dinner.....

I'm telling Barry what you said :lol:

Ooops sorry folks I will stop gossiping on this thread

Back