• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too soon! but had to help!

laurenmunn

New Kit
Hi everyone,

Just thought i would update you.
After loosing Pumpkin only last thusday. Her new pen has sat empty.
We heard of 2 bunnies that were been kept in terrible conditions, even locked in a shed over winter with no light :(

Even though i dont feel im ready to have new bunnies yet and there has been many tears along the way i felt i must put this to one side so we can help them.
So we managed to speak to the person, who admitted they didnt have the time to look after them properly.

So today we have gained a little girl and a little boy. The hutches they were in were in such a state that the door fell off one. We decided they could stay in pumpkins indoor hutch for now.

My mum rang me this evening and said how Pumpkin had told her how happy she was that we were helping some poor bunnies :) Bless her

At least something good has come out of this terrible time.

xxx

aww yeah, it will be hard emotionally for you, but might also help you recover knowing you are helping buns in need. how old are they? from the conditions they were kept in i doubt they'd been neutered? :?

I'd get the vet to check them over just in case the female is pregnant. Would love to see some pics once they are settled in. :)

Bless them - they must be so grateful you've resuced them :)

I know it's hard when you lose a beloved bunny, but I hope in time these two will help heal your hurt & help you smile again.

I agree with the others though, it would be best to get them checked over to see if the little is expecting - especially if they've not had them neutered :cry:

I think they are about 3 years old.
Yep i am going to get them down to the vets for a check up.

They are such characters! They have had us laughing already. Though as you can imagine they are quite wary of us, but they are eating and drinking well and i think they enjoyed the time they had in the pen.

When we firts got them home the little boy wasnt hopping very well but after a few hours in the pen he had alot of stretches and was doing much better after. Still a way to go for them though but its a start :)

I will take some photos of them but i have no clue how to put them on here :shock: so may need some advice!

aw well done for rescueing them, yeah must be really hard for you but at least you'll be able to concentrate on getting these two better, hope all goes well with the vets.

that's what I done last time. When Monty passed away, the same day at -28 deg. C, I went to SPCA to adopt Bernie, so that Minnie has a companion right after.

I remember I have to take off my heavy jacket to wrap around Bernie's carrying case, so he won't catch the cold

Good luck and keep us updated. If you don't use Photobucket or any of those sites (like me:oops:) I really reccommend TinyPic. It was suggested to me by someone on here and it is perfect for the odd photo post. http://tinypic.com/

Emma

Well done for rescuing them, & so brave after your bereavement. Wishing all of you all the best.

Judy & Thumper.

Well its was Princess's turn to go to the vets today and she has a cleanbill of health and had her jabs. She was a realy good girl. Shes going back in 2 weeks to be spayed!

Its Binky's turn tommorrow!!

Im just trying to decide whether they should be house bunnies or get them a new hutch for outside in the pen!!

They came from outside so im sure they dont mind it but i want to interact with them which wouldnt happen so much if they were outside.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated :D

I'm glad that Princess is healthy! I can't advise you if you should keep your bunnies outside or inside. I keep mine indoors, as I'm paranoid! Besides, it's easier to interact with them this way. However, bear in mind that keeping them inside means bunny proofing, as they may try to chew everything: from wires, to books, wallpaper, door frames, plaster, furniture, curtains ... :shock:

Back