• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Charlie needs a friend/ Doesn't matter, can't get one

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
He's clinging to me now, he looked so much happier with company

Last edited:
I've just rebonded Lexi tonight, 5 days after she lost her bonded partner, and the change in her already is astonishing....she was so lonely. :(

Charlies been on his own since last saturday, and he's ok... But he's spending most of his time he's out just following me. With Mable he'd wanna follow her and cuddle up with her, and just looked happier to me.

Charlies been on his own since last saturday, and he's ok... But he's spending most of his time he's out just following me. With Mable he'd wanna follow her and cuddle up with her, and just looked happier to me.

That's what Lexie was like. She would be sat under the computer chair or on my lap and if I went in the kitchen or bathroom she waited by the door. If I stopped fussing her she would take my engagement ring between her teeth and yank on it if she was on my lap or, if she was on the floor, she would dig at the carpet or nibble papers and wires, something she has never ever done before.

She was basically acting up as she wanted my undivided attention, the dog and cats havn't been allowed near me all week. :lol:

That's what Lexie was like. She would be sat under the computer chair or on my lap and if I went in the kitchen or bathroom she waited by the door. If I stopped fussing her she would take my engagement ring between her teeth and yank on it if she was on my lap or, if she was on the floor, she would dig at the carpet or nibble papers and wires, something she has never ever done before.

She was basically acting up as she wanted my undivided attention, the dog and cats havn't been allowed near me all week. :lol:

I've had to sit on the floor with Charlie so he'd play with his toys when I was there rather than destroying my bed for fun :roll:
Although with me spending more time with him again I got some bloody gorgeous photos of him today :love:

I reckon I'll talk to my mam in a few days about getting a girl, the other thing is she's worried what happened with Mable will happen all over again

She prefered to see him with Mable, but it upset her to lose Mable too so I think she'd prefer to not have another coz it was traumatic :(

I know hun, it would devastate me, hope I didnt sound harsh, I didnt mean to:( I know if anything happened to Lola/Lucy it would break my heart to see them on their own.

At least Charlie has got you x x x x x

What happened with mabel was tragic and awful, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will happen again :) To be fair, she didn't have the best start in life steph, and I still think that had something to do with her passing so young, i'm not sure it is anything that you could have prevented. x

What happened with mabel was tragic and awful, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will happen again :) To be fair, she didn't have the best start in life steph, and I still think that had something to do with her passing so young, i'm not sure it is anything that you could have prevented. x

I think it must have been genetic with her, because Charlie is totally fine. It wasn't stasis or anything either.
I think in a few weeks, providing mam says yes, I'll wanna get him bonded again :)

I think it must have been genetic with her, because Charlie is totally fine. It wasn't stasis or anything either.
I think in a few weeks, providing mam says yes, I'll wanna get him bonded again :)

Maybe, I personally think it was something to do with her guts because of how she was behaving as in getting up and lying down etc...that indicated pain Phoebe has problems with her guts which is a genetic thing and it's exactly what she does. Mable was the runt and I usually find they have problems.

Did you get some panacur to do Charlie... I've got some here if you want me to send you some x

Maybe, I personally think it was something to do with her guts because of how she was behaving as in getting up and lying down etc...that indicated pain Phoebe has problems with her guts which is a genetic thing and it's exactly what she does. Mable was the runt and I usually find they have problems.

Did you get some panacur to do Charlie... I've got some here if you want me to send you some x

She was pooing and weeing fine though, and she was kind lop sided and looked like she couldn't see properly :? Which was weird.
I've got panacur :) He's a good lad taking it as well! Thankfully :roll:
I'd love a nethie to go with him I think :love:

Awww hun hope your mom agrees :love::love::love:

bunnybekkie lost her little girl at 6 months and i think she was a runt too... tell your mom it must be a runt thing and if you dont get a runt this time there should be no reason for it to happen again

hope Charlie is ok xxxx

She was pooing and weeing fine though, and she was kind lop sided and looked like she couldn't see properly :? Which was weird.
I've got panacur :) He's a good lad taking it as well! Thankfully :roll:
I'd love a nethie to go with him I think :love:

Hmmm.... I guess you would never know without a PM. A runt I rehomed the beginning of last year from a litter died the same way, but her siblings are all thriving!

Piper bun went off to a new home on Sunday...all the way down to Birmingham!! the bonding seems to be going really well, so hopefully it will all work out for her!

I can help you find a nethie :) x

Awww hun hope your mom agrees :love::love::love:

bunnybekkie lost her little girl at 6 months and i think she was a runt too... tell your mom it must be a runt thing and if you dont get a runt this time there should be no reason for it to happen again

hope Charlie is ok xxxx

6 months seems to be the age for it :cry:

I am not saying all runts die...and I would never have rehomed her to you had I thought that she would!! I asked her owner a lot of questions about her fecal output and general health as I was already paranoid about runts... she said she was fine other than the size difference, other than that she was just as active as the others!

6 months seems to be the age for it :cry:

I am not saying all runts die...and I would never have rehomed her to you had I thought that she would!!

i dont think its anything anyone can predict hun... just plain rotten luck and as Bekkie said the angels were needed back is all, too beautiful for this world :love::love:

i dont think its anything anyone can predict hun... just plain rotten luck and as Bekkie said the angels were needed back is all, too beautiful for this world :love::love:

yes you are right. I'm please Mabel had a wonderful life too before she passed, I think in her eyes she had enough love in her short life to last a lifetime. :cry:

yes you are right. I'm please Mabel had a wonderful life too before she passed, I think in her eyes she had enough love in her short life to last a lifetime. :cry:

Everyone loved her... My friends all thought she was lovely, even the non-bunny mad friends. I still miss her SO much, but I just wanna try and focus on Charlie as much as I can now :)
I'd love it if you could help me find a nethie if I can convince my mam that it probably was a runt thing. I mainly want a nethie so it doesn't look like Mable, it'd feel too much like replacing her if I got another small light coloured lop

Back