• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so Peanut Butter escaped...

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Get up 7:30, clean all buns out.check.
put 4 buns in their runs, in their pairs. check.

Go to cover them over a bit incase it rains. check.

Look in Peanut and Jellys run. yep everything fine. (assume he is in the tunnel)
Go inside and i hear this HUGE shaking of the metal runs, run outside and see peanut and domino in a barney through the bars! Both bunnies now have all little scrapes on their faces. their both fine. Peanut someow got the little end door open of his zooplus run?!?! and i KNOW it wasnt cus i left it open bcus i never use that door and ive had the run a year. Jelly didnt even notice and stayed put thank god!

Domino was one angry bun he was all shaky and puffed out! they lived together fine last year as a four, but i guess now he sees the run as his terratory and peanut was invading!

eeek! at least all buns are safe now, my garden is NOT bunproof without runs, so thank god he only went to p*** off Domino and Pebbles!

Get up 7:30, clean all buns out.check.
put 4 buns in their runs, in their pairs. check.

Go to cover them over a bit incase it rains. check.

Look in Peanut and Jellys run. yep everything fine. (assume he is in the tunnel)
Go inside and i hear this HUGE shaking of the metal runs, run outside and see peanut and domino in a barney through the bars! Both bunnies now have all little scrapes on their faces. their both fine. Peanut someow got the little end door open of his zooplus run?!?! and i KNOW it wasnt cus i left it open bcus i never use that door and ive had the run a year. Jelly didnt even notice and stayed put thank god!

Domino was one angry bun he was all shaky and puffed out! they lived together fine last year as a four, but i guess now he sees the run as his terratory and peanut was invading!

eeek! at least all buns are safe now, my garden is NOT bunproof without runs, so thank god he only went to p*** off Domino and Pebbles!

This is exactly what happened to Kris and I the other day :lol:
We put out Autumn (Belgian Hare) in the zoo plus run and then went to put some more of the rescue buns out.
I come back out and see this Belgian Hare prancing around the garden. Kris and I were baffled about how she got out, it was impossible, until we realised that this tiny square was open on the side! How on earth she fitted through that we have no idea!

no it wasnt the little square on the sides, the bigger door at the end!

the little doors at the side on our are cable tied shut all the time as domino got out of that straight away, but the door catches are slightly loose on the zooplus. we have now attatched some clips to them that u normally use for keys!:lol:

O_O
What a pickle!
Good job he didn't go for a wander....that could have been awful!

well yeh, im just counting my lucky stars that he thought it would be more fun to go and annoy Domino than to wander far. he must have been out around 20 minutes. i always cable tie the boarders runs just to be extra extra extra sure even though i had no real idea how they would get out, but i never did theirs because theyve had it a year so i figured they would have done it by now!

ive learnt that lesson! he is a little monkey!

Norty little bunster...glad he's OK though! Having seen the runs at yours I'm just about to purchase a couple for my buns. I will defo make sure all possible escape routes are cable tied when its set up!

Norty little bunster...glad he's OK though! Having seen the runs at yours I'm just about to purchase a couple for my buns. I will defo make sure all possible escape routes are cable tied when its set up!

i would! they are fab runs but they need a little extra work, have now attatched these on the end doors

http://www.promotional-key-chain.com/images/3695764.jpg

you can get then from B and Q £2 for 2 i think, had them in the cupboard already!

Hope you dont mind me asking are these runs alright on slabs as thats where our hutch/run is and would like to make it bigger so when i'm not in they have more room

yeh, i mean they have like long fence pegs to hold the panels together which are ent to go into the ground, but i use mine on slabs and just cable tie the ends to make it extra secure and then pop something heavy on top just be on the safe side. they are designed to be 'pegged' into the ground but as i said to Boudicca "they dont have hands, theyre not going to lift it up"

mine have been used on slabs many times:lol:

I'll get a few of the clips there a better idea than the cable ties for doors as they're easier to take on and off! I'm just waiting for Zooplus to tell me whether I can join two of the runs together either as a 1m x 4m or 2m x2m As my buns are used to a lot of space indoors Id quite like a large run outside!

I'll get a few of the clips there a better idea than the cable ties for doors as they're easier to take on and off! I'm just waiting for Zooplus to tell me whether I can join two of the runs together either as a 1m x 4m or 2m x2m As my buns are used to a lot of space indoors Id quite like a large run outside!

I join two of mine together sometimes it makes 14 x 3 foot, you just take out the end panel :)

Ive just ordered 2! Zooplus said you can't join them so good job you said you can :thumb: now all I need is for summer to return!

Back